Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Moomba Max Wakemakers midship overflow venting tutorial

This mod is pretty well documented by z28ke with his pictures and posts in his Murder Max mod thread (much appreciated). This is a slight variation on his install based off recommendations by folks on the forum and the FB owners group. Figured I'd do an install video of the mod in case it helps others understand. Unfortunately I forgot some tools that I eventually would need so I wasn't able to finish the install entirely but you get the idea of the install in the video. In the part 2 video I will pick up where I left off on the install as well as do a fill and drain water test on the lake.

2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Happy to report the venting works like a champ! Fills great and I did not get a false full ballast sensor trip midway through the filling! The check valve allows the bags to drain SO much better than without a check valve. They were prunes once draining was complete.

Here's a video of them getting full and burping on their own as the water rises in the tubing....

2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Nice video. I can appreciate it even if the girls in the boat do not. LOL!
    I can hear there thoughts now. "OMG! Why does he think anyone will want to see this? I hope he doesn't show me in this and my friends see it. How embarrassing. " LOL!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Haha yes they are such good sports for putting up with me! My daughter does all the camera work when I’m behind the boat
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Here is how I tied in my rear bag overflow to the midship overflow, then down to the check valve and finally out the boat. The idea of putting the T like that instead of like T to tie in the rear and midship bags inline was I didn't want a cycle of the midship back-flowing into the rear bag or visa versa. The way I have it is kind of like a waterfall for each overflow bag to dump down into the check valve. Seems to work great and my backs have never drained as tight and empty as they do now.

Here is what I made outside the boat where it's easier to work and then trimmed it to fit once inside the compartment...

2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Nicely done and great write up!
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    Nicely done and great write up!
    Can’t say thanks to you enough for your help in your thread for the inspiration and tips. Bags should have come with these overflow setups from WM but it would drive the cost up. Well worth it though!
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Here's the final Part 2 video of this install.

2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Here is how I tied in my rear bag overflow to the midship overflow, then down to the check valve and finally out the boat. The idea of putting the T like that instead of like T to tie in the rear and midship bags inline was I didn't want a cycle of the midship back-flowing into the rear bag or visa versa. The way I have it is kind of like a waterfall for each overflow bag to dump down into the check valve. Seems to work great and my backs have never drained as tight and empty as they do now.

Here is what I made outside the boat where it's easier to work and then trimmed it to fit once inside the compartment...

What was your reason for putting the check valve in? I am getting ready to buy everything to do the 1345 upgrade in the rear of my Makai and I am wanting to tie the vent on the top of the bags in to the overflow so I don't have to manually vent them each time.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Great vid's and write up Hak! I'm planning to do something similar with mine in the coming week.
    2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    Windermere Lake, B.C., 2800' Elevation
    2021 Mojo Mods