Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Help with wet sounds ring lights

I bought the Wet Sounds 8" RGB LED Ring Kit and asked my dealer to install them. I also bought some underwater lights that they installed with no problems . They could not figure out how to install the ring lights and called skiers choice for help. They said SC said they don’t offer any help and that installation could void warranty!!

Doesn't sound right however I was thinking about doing these for a winter project so very curious how it turns out!
    Josh
    2021 Mojo, Sold 7/15/22
    2023 Supreme S240, on order

Why not talk with whomever you purchased the Ring kit form. Next up, would be the speaker and LED ring manufacture, Wet Sounds.

Do not know what part of the install tripped up your dealer. Was it the physical portion? Wiring? For the full RGB effect, the tower will need to be wired with a 4 conductor cable and you also need an RGB controller.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Why not talk with whomever you purchased the Ring kit form. Next up, would be the speaker and LED ring manufacture, Wet Sounds.

Do not know what part of the install tripped up your dealer. Was it the physical portion? Wiring? For the full RGB effect, the tower will need to be wired with a 4 conductor cable and you also need an RGB controller.
    I’m not sure why they didn’t call wet sounds, I think they are nervous about any potential warranty problems. I called wet sounds and they said I need a 6 pin adapter and the rgb controller. He also asked if I have a fixed clamp or swivel mount for the speakers . I searched on the wet sound site and could not find the 6 pin adapter or the rgb controller which the attendant said is $120. I see a four zone one for 199. They also gave me part numbers which show no results when I search them on the site .

Quote Originally Posted by Bch53211 View Post
    I’m not sure why they didn’t call wet sounds, I think they are nervous about any potential warranty problems. I called wet sounds and they said I need a 6 pin adapter and the rgb controller. He also asked if I have a fixed clamp or swivel mount for the speakers . I searched on the wet sound site and could not find the 6 pin adapter or the rgb controller which the attendant said is $120. I see a four zone one for 199. They also gave me part numbers which show no results when I search them on the site .
    If you have the swivel clamps, you need these https://www.wetsounds.com/product/ad...tower-speakers Factory installed tower pods usually have the swivel clamps.

This is the Mack-daddy of RGB controllers https://www.wetsounds.com/product/ws...controller-kit

RF music controller https://www.wetsounds.com/product/RF-RFB-MC-V2

More basic single zone rocker switch controller https://www.wetsounds.com/product/ww...rgb-controller

So that takes of the hardware, except the wiring. im pretty sure the tower is not pre-wired for any lighting, more less RGB.

Bch53211, any success? I want to install them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post

24D66863-1956-47D4-9BBC-1B89152C0711.jpg
    Here is a pic , which mount is this please ?

Not yet but I’ll get it eventually. I’m guessing those are the swivel clamps MLA? Thanks for your help btw. I don’t think I need the Mac daddy rgb I’ll prbly select a more basic one, the guy I spoke to at wet sounds said there was one for 120 but I’m not sure he knew what he was talking about. I do see one for 199. George my boat goes back into dealer 6/7 for a bad oxygen sensor I’ll have all the necessary components by then and I’m going to have dealer put them in - I’ll let you know how it goes and try to get a description of what they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Bch53211 View Post
    Not yet but I’ll get it eventually. I’m guessing those are the swivel clamps MLA? Thanks for your help btw. I don’t think I need the Mac daddy rgb I’ll prbly select a more basic one, the guy I spoke to at wet sounds said there was one for 120 but I’m not sure he knew what he was talking about. I do see one for 199. George my boat goes back into dealer 6/7 for a bad oxygen sensor I’ll have all the necessary components by then and I’m going to have dealer put them in - I’ll let you know how it goes and try to get a description of what they did.
    Yes, those are the TS3-S swivel disconnect clamps.

The RF Music Controller is $129.99, so thats likely the one the representative was referring to.