Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default All the indmar fluid is back ordered. Is this the right stuff?

The place I normally buy my Indmar stuff from is has been out for months. I need to use non-Indmar fluid to get the boat ready. Will this stuff work. Also can I sub out the dexron III to dexron VI? I would appreciate any help.
    delvac 50.jpg
    dexron III.jpg
    2018 Craz, 3000lbs stock ballast, ENZOs, 500lb Lead Ballast, Still chasing the best wave!

Default All the indmar fluid is back ordered. Is this the right stuff?

Yes, the Delvac SAE 50 will be fine. I used Valvoline VR1 50 in my Craz.

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
    Also any Dexron 3 or 6 will work on the ATF side of the trans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

The Delvac is the recommended fluid for the V-drive - says so on the sticker on my V-Drive.

I used Schaeffer's Dexron 6 ATF for my trans. I'm sure any suitable Dexron 6 would work, I just had Schaeffer's in the barn (some stuff my GM trans use)
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Thanks for the info, purchased. Time to get this silver girl ready for boating season. My local lake overhauled the lunch during covid so I cannot wait. How often are you guys messing with the spark plugs or trailer? I do the standard, change all fluids, impeller, grease everything up while looking for ware or rust. Wax and reattach all bags. Check the trailer tire pressure, brakes and lights. Is there anything I am missing?
    https://kapwi.ng/c/9sdyWjkt
    2018 Craz, 3000lbs stock ballast, ENZOs, 500lb Lead Ballast, Still chasing the best wave!

I just got a '21 Max two weeks ago tomorrow. I started looking for fluids for the break-in change. Most of the products I've bought were sourced through Amsoil. The oil is what I had an issue with because you're not supposed to go synthetic I read until 100 hours. They do have an API SN certified oil available. There's some Ultra1Plus oil on eBay, but I've read mixed reviews about the product.

Doesn’t SC require 20 hour service at dealer to maintain warranty?

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Doesn’t SC require 20 hour service at dealer to maintain warranty?

No, that's against the law. If you want warranty service performed, it must be performed at a dealer.
    '21 Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by shaggymatt View Post
    No, that's against the law. If you want warranty service performed, it must be performed at a dealer.
    Just saying there are more than just fluid changes done on your 20 hour service.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I'm with Larry on this if it is the first service after purchase. At least start the paper trail and good repour with your dealer.

After that, I usually go through the manuals and see what is recommended at given intervals.
    I did this back in March to my used boat. I didn't trust the previous owner did anything, so I bit the bullet and probably replaced fairly new items for peace of mind sake.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

I let dealer do the 20 hour on last boat, I recall a lengthy checklist, after that, I did all my own maintenance.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan