Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by korey View Post
    I put my boat in the water for the first time this season yesterday. This year was the first year that I winterized just by the book (pull the drain plugs, open disconnect the crossover hose, and take the cover off of the impeller). I usually flush with antifreeze THEN do the book's procedure - overkill. I was terrified of a scene like yours... Everything was OK for me though.
    Yeah it was a nightmare scenario. Kids were in the boat with me (won't make that mistake again on the first run of the season) and water was coming in fast. Once I realized the bilge was doing its job I calmed down but man - not a fun scenario. And then there's the repair side which will be a whole other nightmare I'm sure!

Glad yours is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by korey View Post
    Like others have said above, I'm sure the engine is fine. The damage should be limited to the heat exchangers (there are 3) and some hoses and fittings. Worst case, the exhaust manifolds too, that gets more expensive and time consuming. Best of luck!
    I can live with that. THANK YOU for helping easy my suffering. Will be sure to follow-up with the gory details once the shop digs into it.