Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

might be putting break in hours on havasu

rocky is right on going early/late. wind is an issue there and comes up almost every day. it's a big wide open lake and susceptible to wind easy.

great golfing there if you're into it. emerald canyon in parker is one of my top3 favs..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Might have to take my clubs!

Just reserved a slip.... Does this mean I'll be paying 5 bucks a gallon or so for marina gas as opposed to launching daily where I can fill up at a regular gas station? That might get pricey...but I do love the convenience of just parking...walk up to the boat and go.
    2016 Starcraft Limited 1918 (sold)
    2021 MB Sports B52 Alpha (coming April 2021)
    2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
    2022 F-150 SCREW PB (ordered 12/2021...still waiting)
    B-737 (Work Vehicle)

Its just pricey.........but don't make the mistake I did and fill my truck up betweem Vegas and Havasu in the California part :$4.80 or something like that. $$$$

Sandm is defiantly correct on the wind. If its 20+ go find some other things to do....not worth even getting out. 0-15/19 we found if you go out the marina and head to the right to the bigger side of the lake, you can tuck in a little bit and stay mostly out of chop and the wind.

Just a comment.....I was super surprised at how shallow the lake is. Not grounding or anything (except London bridge channel...which did make me nervous) but the lake in general. Seemed average around 30-40ft. Maybe I am wrong, but I watched it a lot on Depth finder. I am not used to lakes that shallow, so it caught me off guard.

Have fun! My teens loved it as well as the boss and me
    2022 MAX
    Steamboat,CO

Quote Originally Posted by rockymtnsurfer View Post
    Its just pricey.........but don't make the mistake I did and fill my truck up betweem Vegas and Havasu in the California part :$4.80 or something like that. $$$$

Sandm is defiantly correct on the wind. If its 20+ go find some other things to do....not worth even getting out. 0-15/19 we found if you go out the marina and head to the right to the bigger side of the lake, you can tuck in a little bit and stay mostly out of chop and the wind.

Just a comment.....I was super surprised at how shallow the lake is. Not grounding or anything (except London bridge channel...which did make me nervous) but the lake in general. Seemed average around 30-40ft. Maybe I am wrong, but I watched it a lot on Depth finder. I am not used to lakes that shallow, so it caught me off guard.

Have fun! My teens loved it as well as the boss and me
    Thanks man! We are pumped. Now I just have to decide on whether to keep or cancel the slip. I'll be boating tuesday through friday, so I doubt the launch retrieval times will be too bad....but the convenience would be nice....and my wife isn't exactly the best backing up a truck and trailer. lol
    B-737 (Work Vehicle)

Quote Originally Posted by Guppydriver View Post
    Thanks man! We are pumped. Now I just have to decide on whether to keep or cancel the slip. I'll be boating tuesday through friday, so I doubt the launch retrieval times will be too bad....but the convenience would be nice....and my wife isn't exactly the best backing up a truck and trailer. lol
    As someone who trailers the majority of the time, I’d keep the slip for your trip. The convenience of leaving the boat in the water while on vacation is totally worth it. Not sure on the age of your kids, but not having to deal with waiting to launch or retrieve the boat on a hot day is sometimes worth it’s weight in gold. Just my $.02

Enjoy your trip!

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Moomba Max - Wakemakers upgrade ballast kit (Sold)
    2005 Four Winns 170 Horizon (Sold)

If you are going to slip it I would try to get some nice buoys
    I was actually really happy with my first weekend with the LetsTieUp Balls It would be the only way I would sleep after tying the boat up haha

Also these things are a bear to trailer. I didn't have a single problem all weekend docking or anything or putting it back up on the trailer is going to take some practice.
    Josh
    2021 Mojo, Sold 7/15/22
    2023 Supreme S240, on order

Quote Originally Posted by Josh828 View Post
    If you are going to slip it I would try to get some nice buoys
    I was actually really happy with my first weekend with the LetsTieUp Balls It would be the only way I would sleep after tying the boat up haha

Also these things are a bear to trailer. I didn't have a single problem all weekend docking or anything or putting it back up on the trailer is going to take some practice.
    Yeah...Gonna keep the slip. We will launch with a full tank so we will probably go through 2-3 tanks of Marina gas (120-180 gallons) .....so in the long run...what's an extra $120- 180 bucks or so on a week long vacation. I have some let's tie up balls I got during black friday. They aren't the Big Bertha versions but I'm excited to try them out. I do have experience tying up my I/O, so I'm not too worried and the Marina looks really protected.
    B-737 (Work Vehicle)

Quote Originally Posted by Swervy View Post
    As someone who trailers the majority of the time, I’d keep the slip for your trip. The convenience of leaving the boat in the water while on vacation is totally worth it. Not sure on the age of your kids, but not having to deal with waiting to launch or retrieve the boat on a hot day is sometimes worth it’s weight in gold. Just my $.02

Enjoy your trip!

Keep the slip!.......so great to come in the am and surf for a little bit. Dock....go have lunch, swim, shop(as my wife and daughters do......then go back out for a late afternoon session, dock and go home to a cocktail. Best money spent in my opinion.
    2022 MAX
    Steamboat,CO

Just curious. Are there no travel restrictions in the US? We aren’t even allowed to travel outside our region, never mind outside our state/province. An out of province plate on a truck pulling a boat here is guaranteed hefty fine.
    2020 Moomba Mojo
    2008 Mastercraft Prostar 197 40th Anniversary
    Owner Ness Lake Watersports
    Wakemakers “Exact Fit” Bags + Lead = 4,700 ballast
    Audio by Wetsounds, MTX, JL Audio, Clarion
    15 X 13.00 ACME prop

Default Havasu Advice June 7-11? Please help!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy2slow View Post
    Just curious. Are there no travel restrictions in the US? We aren’t even allowed to travel outside our region, never mind outside our state/province. An out of province plate on a truck pulling a boat here is guaranteed hefty fine.
    No travel restrictions in the continuous 48 states.

Some states ask you to quarantine, but largely unenforceable. Those fully vaccinated are unrestricted also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by larry_arizona; 05-05-2021 at 06:48 AM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan