Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Sonic is absolutely correct. Global shipping, whether by air or sea, has been overwhelmed by the covid pandemic. Huge increases in online shopping, border restrictions and reduced staffing have lead to an unprecedented situation that is going to get worse before it gets better. I work in the parts department at the world’s largest Caterpillar dealer and our struggles with getting the parts shipped to us from all corners of the globe are a nightmare. Shipments that would normally take 3-5 days are now 3-5 weeks. And that is after waiting weeks for the part to become available to ship in the first place. SC is absolutely experiencing the same issues as is all of their suppliers. I suppose that shipping the boat without a horn introduces liability issues that SC is not going to expose themselves to. I understand that it is extremely frustrating to not have your boat yet but there is very little that anyone can do about the shipping situation and we are all in this together.
    2020 Moomba Mojo
    2008 Mastercraft Prostar 197 40th Anniversary
    Owner Ness Lake Watersports
    Wakemakers “Exact Fit” Bags + Lead = 4,700 ballast
    Audio by Wetsounds, MTX, JL Audio, Clarion
    15 X 13.00 ACME prop

I hope nobody is on a list for a first edition Bronco....

https://carbuzz.com/news/official-fo...-shutting-down

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

seen a few of those around here so some got deliveries but not many. sucks...

both chevy and gm lots are pretty much out of business and could make more money renting the lot out for autox. 17 carlots in a few square blocks and gm seems to be the only lots that are pretty much wiped out. every other vendor has a decent lot full. know there's some struggles getting exactly what you want but they have something. chevy lot sales building has no cars left inside and up until yesterday if you wanted a full size truck you could choose from 2. they have 10ish now.

couple times I've ridden past on my way to work and wondered how the salesmen I see hanging around the light poles are going to pay the bills this month with nothing to sell. gotta be a little demoralizing.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Auto dealers inventories are far worse than it appears.

I was in a launch meeting for the new Hummer this week and GM claims despite being grim in 2nd qtr, they fully expect to recover all lost production in 3rd and 4th qtr.

I don’t see how, supplier can’t double line rate capacity to meet that demand even if semiconductors become available.

As a auto supplier there are several hurdles. But step 1 is getting Long Beach port open and get these log jammed China ships unloaded.

We are paying premiums to move entire ships to Tacoma Washington to unload our components.

It would help if the federal unemployment would stop and California fully opened up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I work in the industry also.
    Building medium duty vans/trucks.
    We were build gm product at full speed up until April. We curved production until 2 weeks ago, then started building rollers without ECUs to keep the plant moving.

We shutdown 1 line until mid summer but our heavy truck line is still running daily. Granted the larger vehicles have less electronics so that helps.
    Our EV line is rocking though. We had 3yrs of production procured and in storage prior. It is really just consumer products that are hit the worse.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

[QUOTE=larry_arizona

It would help if the federal unemployment would stop and California fully opened up.

Larry, that statement says it all! This is why nobody wants to work anymore. You should never , ever, ever be able to make MORE money NOT working than you would working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub