Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Although this situation sucks, there is absolutely ZERO that can be done until parts, many unique to the boat industry, show up. It’s somewhat of a cafe industry, with supply chains that have unique bottlenecks.

As an aside, Ford has like a billion Super Duty trucks sitting awaiting chips. Otherwise complete.

And as another aside, Mastercraft DOES extra inventory in spots. Somewhat self explanatory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sound producing devices are required safety devices under USCG. Manufacturers cannot deliver products that do not meet minimum governmental requirements. Also, manufacturers don't deliver products with parts missing for liability, accountability and asthetics reasons.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    And as another aside, Mastercraft DOES extra inventory in spots. Somewhat self explanatory.
    soooo true....
    take a look at the dealer inventory on onlyinboards for sale. it's not tige/supreme/skiers/mb. it's bu/axis/mc.

horns are not required for boats according to the uscg. boats could be shipped with an air horn or a whistle. we were boarded many years ago by uscg in green bay. showed them a whistle and not our horn on board and they were fine.
    https://www.uscgboating.org/content/...-questions.php
    Q: Do I need a horn on my boat?
    A: Navigation Rules require sound signals to be made under certain circumstances, such as meeting, crossing, and overtaking other vessels. Recreational vessels are also required to use sound signals during periods of reduced visibility and while at anchor. A vessel of less than 39.4 feet (12 meters) must, at a minimum, have some means of making an efficient sound signal (i.e., handheld air horn, athletic whistle, installed horn, etc.). A human voice is not acceptable. A vessel 39.4 feet (12 meters) or greater must have a sound signaling appliance capable of producing an efficient sound signal, audible for a mile, with a 4- to 6-second duration.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    Sound producing devices are required safety devices under USCG. Manufacturers cannot deliver products that do not meet minimum governmental requirements. Also, manufacturers don't deliver products with parts missing for liability, accountability and asthetics reasons.
    You would think this would fall under common sense for most folks.

Who cares if it's missing an airbag, we'll ship it to them later.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post

You can just send your wife down there and they could ship the boat with her in it. That has to qualify as a sound producing device.

Default Spray and Completion Date Moved 2x

Yeah I understand skiers has to make sure the boat is 100% before being shipped.

I just would like to know how long ill be waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by mojoylw View Post
    Yeah I understand skiers has to make sure the boat is 100% before being shipped.

I just would like to know how long ill be waiting.

....and there's the rub.

You are spending a lot of coin so it's not unreasonable to want to simply be kept in the loop....but your dealer doesn't want to give you a date that may slip and break your expectations.

2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

....and there's the rub.

You are spending a lot of coin so it's not unreasonable to want to simply be kept in the loop....but your dealer doesn't want to give you a date that may slip and break your expectations.

Would be nice to know a approximate window. im also expecting shipping/custom delays into Canada because that just how the world is right now.

I own a company that's also being slammed with supply chain issues at the moment.
    Our metal prices are 3x what they were a year ago, our hardwood pricing is up 40% and our softwood prices are up 2-400%.
    Add to that the fact that shipping from overseas is super delayed by overloaded ports, resin is in short supply/nonexistant.
    As a business there's only so much you can feasibly do.

We make butcher block countertops and 14' walnut is impossibly to come by at the moment so 14' orders are on hold. Most customers are annoyed but understand. A few however are real jackasses and want to make threats or yell at someone which isn't going to make walnut magically appear in our shop. When I tell them (politely) to shove it, take a refund and order from someone else who also can't get the lumber they suddenly get all apologetic and can wait "a bit longer as long as you get it fast".

Super frustrating to see people bitching about this stuff when it's really not anyone's fault other than the general situation.
    Like Rick said, they want to make it just as much as you want to have it. The other option is to give people their money back which no one wants after already ordering all the parts for the build.

As to an approximate window they likely literally don't know, just like we don't know. They are waiting on the horn manufacturer who is waiting on the injection molding plant who is waiting on the resin plant who is still trying to make more resin after it all froze in texas. It's not possible for them to tell you when that will happen. As frustrating as that it it's just the way it is at the moment.

Just my 2c from a different perspective.
    2020 Supra SA

Holding out hope my June build isn’t cancelled or pushed to 2022….should find out next week