Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 66
  1. #21

    Default 2021 Mojo

    I ordered and put a deposit down for a 2021 mojo in February for a may spray and June delivery. They told me from the beginning they could not guarantee a June delivery. Not only would they not guarantee the delivery, I was told if the boat was delivered after June I would have to pay 2022 pricing. It is what it is I guess...

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Mn
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chubbysurfer View Post
    Not only would they not guarantee the delivery, I was told if the boat was delivered after June I would have to pay 2022 pricing.
    Now that is a whole lot of baloney. I would put a 3K $ refundable down payment on an agreed price. They can deliver in November and it should not change the price.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Yeah i would get a new dealer. I have a mojo on custom order the way i want on a fully refundable deposit. If i don't like it i can walk and the dealer will have np selling it to someone else.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    3,416

    Default

    My guess is the dealer didn’t have any more build slots but took his order hoping to score a bonus slot.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

  5. #25

    Default

    So far I’ve been happy with the dealer. He was a huge help in the buildout process and I thought his price was fair. They contacted me back in March to finalize selections and I was told they could not be changed going forward. I assumed this meant they were getting close to manufacturing. I hope they weren’t pulling a fast one early on...but who knows?

  6. #26

    Default

    There is no reason if you have a deposit and finalized your build so ultimately your pricing that they should not or would not be able to guarantee your pricing. In fact it should be the in your favor that you would qualify for any better promotions should they come up (probably won't) before you get your boat. You should be locked in for the 7 year Indmar warranty (pretty sure it was on in Feb but I may be wrong) as well. It is really strange that they would suggest your price may change as that should not be the case if you have a deposit down unless like Larry said they sold you a build slot that they did not have hoping to get an extra and are trying to weasel out of holding pricing. They may be really nice to your face but something is not right here even in this market, deposits are put down to hold more than a build spot but also pricing and incentives so I would not let them pull that on you if they sold you a 2021 build spot. Now I know dealers are currently selling 2022 build spots with the year over year price increases in place now. Do you have in writing that you have a 21 build spot out of curiosity? As others have said if they are not holding pricing I would pull my deposit as why are they holding your money on a spot that frankly may not exist or they should hold pricing if it was a legit spot.
    2021 Moomba Mondo (waiting for open water)

    2018 Yamaha 212x (SOLD)

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    1,568

    Default

    2022 pricing hasn't been released yet so my build spot right now is a hold on a best guess.

    I have my Mojo more or less spec'd how I want it but with price increases, it's possible some prior options become standard.

    If I was willing to put blinders on the current situation I'd get a late September/ early October delivery.....and for what?

    I have Rinker's first slot in January. The line of thought being hopefully supply constraints have eased somewhat, and boat will arrive during "boat show" season so ext warranty, etc.

    With the Mojo being a late release, I've warmed to idea of a '22...bugs or other kinks should be worked out by then as well.



    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

  8. #28

    Default

    Just got off the phone with my dealer, my boat is leaving Friday, and it apparently will be one of the last. There is a huge shortage of fibreglass resin and they’ve cancelled almost all June and July builds. My dealer is one of the largest skiers choice dealers and has to call dozens upon dozens of customers to tell them they’re not getting a boat until at least fall.
    2014 Moomba LSV
    2018 Moomba Max

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Just got off the phone with my dealer, my boat is leaving Friday, and it apparently will be one of the last. There is a huge shortage of fibreglass resin and they’ve cancelled almost all June and July builds. My dealer is one of the largest skiers choice dealers and has to call dozens upon dozens of customers to tell them they’re not getting a boat until at least fall.

    I hope your wrong. I have a June 1st completion date.

  10. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigs28 View Post
    I hope your wrong. I have a June 1st completion date.
    I hope I’m wrong too. Know a number of people with boats on order. Apparently correct craft is in even worse shape. Wonder with you being June 1 if you’ll squeak in
    2014 Moomba LSV
    2018 Moomba Max

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •