Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    Drew has addressed it many times on the Facebook page. And nobody is getting canceled from what I've seen, some might be getting pushed back, but that's life right now. Be flexible.
    sure lots of the new owners are not on facebook like me but good to see he's addressing it. in the end it should be the dealers reaching out and working through the issues since they are the "face" of skiers choice. knowing some of the customer service issues we have had shopping at dealers tho I can bet there's a lot of people still in the dark about what's going on.

good post knox. with everything going on it can be frustrating but nothing can be done. patience and time will come. never thought after last year I'd be thinking it's even crazier!!
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

My sympathies, we put down a deposit in Sept for a March Build and we still have no idea when our boat is getting built. Any reach-out to my dealer goes unanswered

We do try to keep an eye on forum discussions and try to reply where factory input is warranted.

As to Shutdowns, we have had couple days here or there in the last months and project similar issues(random days) through July 4th(This is the date that we normally begin spraying the next model year). Supply issues continue to be the culprit on this and we apologize for any issues this may cause. I assure you we are on the same team and want to build the boat as much as you want to receive it. . Your selling dealer is the best source to discuss your individual order with and how these delays may have impacted their delivery schedule. In general it should be a discussion around days and weeks....Not months.

We appreciate your understanding and patience. Strange dynamics in play.

Take Care,

Rick

Thanks for the feedback Rick.

I've been doing a pretty hard core Lean Manufacturing blitz the last couple weeks, learning about how some MAJOR manufacturers play the game. It's been eye opening, to say the least. I shake my head everyday at what I see going on where I work, and the EASY improvements that could be made, but get skipped over. I have become very interested in how other companies control their processes. The vast majority throw their arms up in the air right now and say things like, "covid..." or "unprecedented times". They shut down as needed or as "forced" to for reasons "out of their control". Then there are companies that had a plan in place years ago, knowing something at least similar would happen at some point. Not only do they have great relationships with their suppliers, they have great relationships with their suppliers suppliers, and so on. Some go as far as having their suppliers located at different corners of the world (you don't have just one resin supplier, I assume?). While a major disaster may effect one, the other(s) are likely ok and still producing. With the key to always being in control of your supplied products.

In an effort for continuous improvement, what are the take aways from the the past year that will prevent this from happening again at SC (or any of all of our companies)? Naturally, I don't expect Rick to respond to this question directly. Just musing.

Unstuck, We are huge advocates of Lean Manufacturing, as anyone who has taken a plant tour can attest. We practice it every day. So...yes there is an ongoing focus on Continuous Improvement in all areas of our company. There are and will be several Kaizen projects which will come from this new environment and what we have experienced.

Great to hear of your interest in the topic.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by RickT View Post
    Unstuck, We are huge advocates of Lean Manufacturing, as anyone who has taken a plant tour can attest. We practice it every day. So...yes there is an ongoing focus on Continuous Improvement in all areas of our company. There are and will be several Kaizen projects which will come from this new environment and what we have experienced.

Great to hear of your interest in the topic.

Rick
    Do you guys have any idea when the next batch of horns will be in? was told thats what my boat is waiting for?

Quote Originally Posted by mojoylw View Post
    Do you guys have any idea when the next batch of horns will be in? was told thats what my boat is waiting for?
    Man if a horn is all that is missing, beg them to ship without it and go to Advance Auto and buy you a car horn! The single tone boat horns are kinda wimpy sounding anyway! LOL!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    Man if a horn is all that is missing, beg them to ship without it and go to Advance Auto and buy you a car horn! The single tone boat horns are kinda wimpy sounding anyway! LOL!

I said this to my dealer, he said becuase it is crossing the border to canada it needs a horn installed before hand

Quote Originally Posted by mojoylw View Post
    I said this to my dealer, he said becuase it is crossing the border to canada it needs a horn installed before hand
    Whaaaaaaat? . That's even crazier than the fact that they can't get a horn in the first place! You should buy a horn and ship it to them to install. Then say ship me my boat!

2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Horn Is likely a federal requirement to sell a boat and its also cosmetic....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan