Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default Spray and Completion Date Moved 2x

Hello Everyone, I put money down on a Supra SA400 in February for an April spray date and an early to mid-May completion date. The spray date then moved to May 7th and the completion date was moved to May 17th. Now I am being told that the completion date will be May 25th. Rather frustrated. We have made plans with friends and the expectations of Supra are not being met from a customer service perspective from the start. Please advise. Thanks.

Can't comment on customer service perspective but just an observation of everything going on, a 2 week delay is not bad. Truck orders are delayed months, our pool install is delayed 6 weeks so far from scarcity of materials, construction projects are taking longer due to lack of material and nobody wants to work.

It still sucks your boat is delayed but all things considered with the environment that we are in, I am sure there is a reason for it.

Hopefully you will get it sooner then expected.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by htfit; 05-01-2021 at 10:37 AM.
    - Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

These are bad times for manufacturing and its effecting Skier’s Choice just like all the other wake boat manufacturers (Malibu delays are far worse than Supra)

Resin, semi conductors, rubber shortages globally due to pandemic. Shipping from China is another major issue. All the automotive OEM’s are mostly shutdown and be happy your boat is still in build que.

This is not isolated to Skier’s Choice. All I can recommend is be patient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by larry_arizona; 05-01-2021 at 10:41 AM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Thank you for the replies. Much appreciated. I do realize that supply chain has been affected. My company has the same issues but we still deliver. The key is to find a way. The fact of the matter is that I was sold on an April spray date by the dealership. We should always expect the manufacturer and the dealership to have lines of communication that set expectations upfront. Another local Mastercraft dealership is giving loaners to people that have orders that are not being met. That is service. I have not had that offer.

Welcome to the world of Covid. After buying a new home, new car and a RZR, I can concluded that delays and even cancelations can occur. Delays are expected so no tight schedules and contingency plans are needed. Finding parts can be equally frustrating. It doesn't even need to be a high demand part. Any foreign made products like E bikes will move you out each month. We cancelled one of those orders. High end stuff seems easier to get.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

I understand your frustrations, but considering Ford for example is going to produce 1.1 million LESS vehicles this year, no begging or creativity is going to make up for that.

My Skier’s dealer has ZERO moomba or Supras left to “loan”, and I kinda call bs on mastercraft having a bunch of extra inventory laying around to loan to several of their customers waiting for boats due to delays. Wakeboats are extremely hot right now and most dealers are sold out.

Honestly if your mastercraft dealer has plenty of boats available, perhaps cancel your order and grab a MC before they sell out.

Last edited by larry_arizona; 05-01-2021 at 11:11 AM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I would email and/or call skiers choice customer service. I have never dealt with them personally, but they seem to be reasonable people (even commenting on here from time to time). Maybe they could send you a free set of guide post covers or some type of swag bag (something to say sorry for the delay, but thanks for spending 120k+ on one of our boats).

Also, reach out to your dealer. I would expect some cleaning products or a voucher for future service.

I understand these circumstances are out of your dealers and skiers control, but you paid your money and held up your end of the deal. I would expect something as a thank you and sorry for the delay. If the shoe was on the other foot and you didn't pay your deposit or were late on payments, you better believe someone would be coming to take that boat back. Simply saying the supply chain is slow does not fly with me. They (your dealer and skiers choice) should at least make some small gesture to help make you feel better. Sales are at unbelievable levels im sure they could afford a small token to make things right.

just my 0.02

Go to sherwin Williams and try to get paint samples or super paint. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigs28 View Post
    Yessir, it’s everywhere.

Anyone check out lumber prices and used car values? All pandemic and shortage related.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Bigs28 View Post
    If you had already paid for paint, and it became unavailable, would you expect a refund or compensation??

Everyone understands the delays in supply chains and the consequences. The OP has already paid his deposit and held up his end of the deal. It is not SC or dealers fault, but they could help ease the frustration of a buyer with a small gesture (given sales numbers, I’m sure it would not affect their bottom line).