Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Spray and Completion Date Moved 2x

Quote Originally Posted by mgswake View Post
    If you had already paid for paint, and it became unavailable, would you expect a refund or compensation??

Everyone understands the delays in supply chains and the consequences. The OP has already paid his deposit and held up his end of the deal. It is not SC or dealers fault, but they could help ease the frustration of a buyer with a small gesture (given sales numbers, I’m sure it would not affect their bottom line).
    Is a gift bag of goodies going to satisfy you? Plus I believe Supra sends out a swag bag of goodies already to thank you for buying a new boat.

I suppose it could temporarily.

I personally would not require a handout in this environment. Like you said, not SC’s fault or dealers fault, so why would I subject them to compensate me?

A couple week delay is acceptable in this climate, it’s better than being told your order has been cancelled or moved to 2022.

Planning a family trip before boat in hand has some degree of risk to it. SC does not guarantee shipping times either.

Check out this recent article of pandemic shortages, one is truck drivers. I know my boat sat built for 3 weeks before it shipped to dealer. You are at the mercy of the current system.

https://www.moneytalksnews.com/slide...-the-pandemic/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by larry_arizona; 05-02-2021 at 09:40 AM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Is a gift bag of goodies going to satisfy you? Plus I believe Supra sends out a swag bag of goodies already to thank you for buying a new boat.

I suppose it could temporarily.
    we are def. in a different time in the country. I totally agree with the though that it's all outside of their control and no one is really "to blame".
    I see it a little differently.
    skiers choice took pandemic cash from the gov't AND had what could be seen as their best years ever currently. supplies have creeped up but so has base price AND add-on's to cover their expenses so it would be safe to say they are making a lot of coin.
    here's a GREAT opportunity to differentiate them from the rest of the pack. sure lots of fanboys that won't go anywhere else but a % of skiers customers will drop and pivot to another vendor in certain circumstances without even blinking an eye.

maybe skiers should go out and commission a "skers" branded surfboard/wakeboard for all new boat purchases due to the delay. might cost $400 each to partner with a big board company. imagine the publicity out of it. again, great opportunity to differentiate from the competition. planting those seeds could help when the market does turn and it's going to at some point....

or keep doing what they are doing and seeing posts on delays, missed orders, parts not in stock, colors not available etc......
    wait until the heat of the summer and these 2020/2021's need warranty parts and your boat is out for 10-12weeks. get in front of it now......
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    we are def. in a different time in the country. I totally agree with the though that it's all outside of their control and no one is really "to blame".
    I see it a little differently.
    skiers choice took pandemic cash from the gov't AND had what could be seen as their best years ever currently. supplies have creeped up but so has base price AND add-on's to cover their expenses so it would be safe to say they are making a lot of coin.
    here's a GREAT opportunity to differentiate them from the rest of the pack. sure lots of fanboys that won't go anywhere else but a % of skiers customers will drop and pivot to another vendor in certain circumstances without even blinking an eye.

maybe skiers should go out and commission a "skers" branded surfboard/wakeboard for all new boat purchases due to the delay. might cost $400 each to partner with a big board company. imagine the publicity out of it. again, great opportunity to differentiate from the competition. planting those seeds could help when the market does turn and it's going to at some point....

or keep doing what they are doing and seeing posts on delays, missed orders, parts not in stock, colors not available etc......
    wait until the heat of the summer and these 2020/2021's need warranty parts and your boat is out for 10-12weeks. get in front of it now......
    Not sure if SC did or didn’t take pandemic money, not sure if they qualify as a small business.

But I can get behind your idea of differentiating themselves pro actively.

Maybe I am laser focused on any OEM being limited due to parts availability, not much can fix that in short term.

But like you said, SC could capitalize on being different during this struggle.

Personally a swag bag wouldn’t mean much to me, but to others it might.

My dealer already offers up 20% discount on gear, boards, lead etc. maybe a service credit, especially the required first service as it’s a doozy.

I have no dog in this fight as I took delivery of my boat, but my dealer has been reminding me to stop by so they can fill my 60 gallon tank on them so some dealers still are trying ideas.

To your point on service/warranty parts availability, this is a potential 800# gorilla in the room. Doesn’t matter if a new boat or old, downtime is highly likely.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

We are in Washington state now doing some things but part of the trip is buying up all of the One A Day Proactive vitamins as they are nowhere to be found. We are buying them for $7 a bottle here and the only place I see them is on Amazon for between $32 - $72 a bottle. I saw with the microchip shortage that you may get a car but it probably won't be exactly what you want.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Default Spray and Completion Date Moved 2x

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    We are in Washington state now doing some things but part of the trip is buying up all of the One A Day Proactive vitamins as they are nowhere to be found. We are buying them for $7 a bottle here and the only place I see them is on Amazon for between $32 - $72 a bottle. I saw with the microchip shortage that you may get a car but it probably won't be exactly what you want.
    GM trucks with active fuel management has been eliminated, all the hard parts are there, but the sensors are gone and I don’t believe GM plans to retrofit.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/gmautho...-shortage/amp/

Last edited by larry_arizona; 05-02-2021 at 11:32 AM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

GM trucks with active fuel management has been eliminated, all the hard parts are there, but the sensors are gone and I don’t believe GM plans to retrofit.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/gmautho...-shortage/amp/

Wish I could remove/unhook without a chip or program. Funny how they said me doing it would void the warranty and now they just do away with it!

2017 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by russellsmojo View Post
    Wish I could remove/unhook without a chip or program. Funny how they said me doing it would void the warranty and now they just do away with it!

I feel the same, not a fan of AFM or stop/start.

1 mpg is not that big a deal to end users, but it’s a massive deal to manage CAFE standards.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I feel the same, not a fan of AFM or stop/start.

1 mpg is not that big a deal to end users, but it’s a massive deal to manage CAFE standards.

Hijacking thread sorry. I did learn that using low. Then use the manual gear buttons to go to gear 5. then keeps afm from working. Now never using 6 has more than 1 mpg difference. But for towing around town or start stop it’s a big help.

2017 Supra SA

Not sure if SC did or didn’t take pandemic money, not sure if they qualify as a small business.
    Yes. Participated in the Paycheck Protection Program. $3.1 million. Approved April 2020.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Quote Originally Posted by russellsmojo View Post
    Hijacking thread sorry. I did learn that using low. Then use the manual gear buttons to go to gear 5. then keeps afm from working. Now never using 6 has more than 1 mpg difference. But for towing around town or start stop it’s a big help.

Ha I do the same on my Tahoe and only bump it up to M6 if on the highway / cruising consistent speeds to avoid the cylinder deactivation...
    2020 Kaiyen