Default 2017 Mojo software upgrade

I recently bought a 2017 mojo and am wondering if I need to upgrade the software. It currently does not have the pitch and roll setting, so will an upgrade provide that? What's the best way to go about upgrading the software?

It really will depend on the options that your Mojo has as the pitch and roll settings require additional sensors and after checking out the boat archive specs for the 2017 model year the Autowake attitude adjustment system was an option and not included in Flow 2.0 so I am guessing that the original order went without that (assuming I am correct in my assumption that this was the add on for the pitch and roll sensors and implementation into autowake). In saying that if you are looking for pitch and roll numbers I believe there are some good phone apps that can provide that info although not sure how well they would work while underway but others will let you know I am sure.

In short it really will depend on if you have the sensor package required and I would be shocked that they would have altered the system to remove the programming to use them so my guess is you are not able to simply add them by a software change as is the similar case with the new amplitude sensor unfortunately.
    2021 Moomba Mondo, 500lbs of lead, wake makers bag busters
    Raptor 400 1.76 15.5" x 15 prop, changing to 15.5" x 13.25 for summer of 2023

2018 Yamaha 212x (SOLD)

The AutoWake software update released in 2018 can be applied to a 2017.

Obviously the amplitude won't work unless you have ballast sensors retrofitted which is not worth it IMO.

The update will however let AutoWake adjust while static. In it's first iteration, you had to be at a certain speed, AutoWake would initiate a countdown and then calibrate.

I use the static function to verify my pitch and roll numbers based on people and lead then turn if off.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

RC, thank you for clarifying I was just relying off the old specs you can find on the moomba website but you having had (congrats again on the sale and the new build looks sweet) a 17 would know, I am always apprehensive to reply to questions as I am still learning a lot on here. That being said when I looked it up online it was not clear so for my curiosity, do you know if you were you able to order the flow 2.0 surf system without autowake and was autowake simply a program update or did it also add pitch and roll sensors.
    2021 Moomba Mondo, 500lbs of lead, wake makers bag busters
    Raptor 400 1.76 15.5" x 15 prop, changing to 15.5" x 13.25 for summer of 2023

2018 Yamaha 212x (SOLD)

I have a 2018 with same problem. Mine also didnt come with the Inclinometer installed. I'd love to find this part and install it and then have the dealer activate it. My software has the settings for pitch and roll, I just can't use it. Been using the iphone app with success, but i'd like the Inclinometer installed.
    2018 Moomba MOJO
    4100lbs. ENZO's, Center Tank, IBS
    780lbs. Lead Wake
    Raptor 400
    Surf Prop: OJ 945
    2019 Ford F150 FX4
    5.0L V8

Quote Originally Posted by Chuds View Post
    RC, thank you for clarifying I was just relying off the old specs you can find on the moomba website but you having had (congrats again on the sale and the new build looks sweet) a 17 would know, I am always apprehensive to reply to questions as I am still learning a lot on here. That being said when I looked it up online it was not clear so for my curiosity, do you know if you were you able to order the flow 2.0 surf system without autowake and was autowake simply a program update or did it also add pitch and roll sensors.
    I believe AutoWake was optional with Flow 2.0. The sensors feed a lookup table that then tries to shift ballast accordingly to meet defined pitch and roll settings.

It's pretty cool in theory but I don't think it reached its potential till G6 because G3 really isn't fast enough if people move around.

In reality I ran my 2017 at 100% and just used Autowake pitch & roll to fine tune lead placement.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX