Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Wren,
    PM me if you would like some more info about the Makai I bought. Would be glad to put you in touch with the salesman if you want.
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Love my Max, but Id try to get the Mojo/Makia close to 100k, and call it a day. I feel the Max is over priced now, new and used. The market is so ridiculous, Ive considering selling.
    2019' Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by DNIXD99 View Post
    Love my Max, but Id try to get the Mojo/Makia close to 100k, and call it a day. I feel the Max is over priced now, new and used. The market is so ridiculous, Ive considering selling.
    I feel the same after looking and comparing the Max, Mojo, and now the Makai. After looking at the Makai yesterday, I'm pretty sure this is what we're going to end up with. My dealer said he should be able to get me at a similar price point to what was posted after showing him the build sheet. Mine will be a little more simply because at altitude we will need the 450 motor. But my dealer also said this would be recommended on the Mojo as well.

Just a few pro's and con's to the Mojo and Makai after looking at them (have not taken either out on the water yet) are;

Mojo Pro's: I really that it has the different seating configurations to open up space for the observer across from the driver. I liked the ability to do that. I like that the Mojo bow is still fairly deep. Which made me feel safer with kids up there. Cons: The Makai comes standard with the Pro tower and the Mojo it's almost a $4000 upgrade. After speaking with my dealer, he let me know the bimini on the A3 tower (standard on the Mojo) does not even come over the windshield. Which was a big negative for me and would have likely caused me to upgrade to the Pro tower and upgrade the bimini (another $400) more than the A3 bimini. The 7" screen is also standard on the Makai and a $1000 upgrade on the Mojo.

Makai Pro's: Obviously the Makai is a foot and a half bigger than the Mojo. Which we all know is a big deal. Like stated above the Makai comes with the Pro tower and also includes the 7" screen standard (which I again would have upgraded on the Mojo). Cons: The Makai is a little shallower in the bow which is where I wanted to put some of the kids so I wasn't sure how that would work. But after mentioning it to my wife she just said her and her friends can sit up there and the guys can take care of the kids in the back. I laughed but also know there is more than enough room up there and the three of them would be super comfortable. The Makai is obviously more expensive, but with the upgrades I would be making on the Mojo, it pretty much balances out. The dealer did say he thought the Mojo would throw a better surf wave out of the box then the Makai. But if I'm being honest, I'm not looking to go pro and I'm sure I will be more than satisfied with either wave.

Anyone have any additional pro's or con's to add? Also for anyone who own's a Makai... where do you put your ice chest?

So after building the Mojo and Makai with the options I would want on both... The total on the Mojo came to $112,180 and the total on the Makai is at $113,980. Less than two grand for an extra foot and a half. My dealer said he should be able to get me about 10% off that price so the Makai would end up being $102,582 plus 4.9% sales tax (which is awesome for me because I get his sales tax rate at 4.9% instead of mine at 8.25%. If I'm figuring everything right, total out the door would be $107,608. Just because I like confirming a deal with someone other than the dealer... how does that price sound? Should I be looking to get anything else thrown in... warranty, gear, etc? What are your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    So after building the Mojo and Makai with the options I would want on both... The total on the Mojo came to $112,180 and the total on the Makai is at $113,980. Less than two grand for an extra foot and a half. My dealer said he should be able to get me about 10% off that price so the Makai would end up being $102,582 plus 4.9% sales tax (which is awesome for me because I get his sales tax rate at 4.9% instead of mine at 8.25%. If I'm figuring everything right, total out the door would be $107,608. Just because I like confirming a deal with someone other than the dealer... how does that price sound? Should I be looking to get anything else thrown in... warranty, gear, etc? What are your thoughts?

!0% off right now on a Moomba is FABULOUS!

To be honest , it's a damn fair deal even pre pandemic.

With regards to surf wave, I think the key words are "out of the box". The Makai's longer running surface would need just a little bow weight to have the same or better wave than the Mojo I bet. The wake 9 Youtube video of the Makai is pretty awesome.

Make sure you clarify the tax issue though. In more places than not, the tax will be assessed when you register the boat in your state or municipality. I have friends who do some interesting things in Montana to avoid sales tax (set up a LLC) on their toys, but I don't want to be on any tax commissions radar.
    2016 Starcraft Limited 1918 (sold)
    2021 MB Sports B52 Alpha (coming April 2021)
    2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
    2022 F-150 SCREW PB (ordered 12/2021...still waiting)
    B-737 (Work Vehicle)

10% on a moomba is great. I thought you pay tax rate of the state the boat is registered in?

Factory warranty is either 5 year (standard) or 7 year (typically called the “endless summer” promotion) I believe that is on indmar power train only. The 7 year depends on when you take delivery, that annual promotion usually comes out in January.

The boat warranty is 5 years but has some limitations and several caveats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Guppydriver View Post
    !0% off right now on a Moomba is FABULOUS!

To be honest , it's a damn fair deal even pre pandemic.

With regards to surf wave, I think the key words are "out of the box". The Makai's longer running surface would need just a little bow weight to have the same or better wave than the Mojo I bet. The wake 9 Youtube video of the Makai is pretty awesome.

Make sure you clarify the tax issue though. In more places than not, the tax will be assessed when you register the boat in your state or municipality. I have friends who do some interesting things in Montana to avoid sales tax (set up a LLC) on their toys, but I don't want to be on any tax commissions radar.
    Those prices were based on the Moomba website builder. I still will not be able to boat until 2022, so they could change, but I'm hopeful the 10% off would stay the same.

So for taxes, at least in Colorado, you pay taxes for the county you are registered in on the trailer. In Colorado (like some other states) the trailer is the only thing with a title. The boat is registered through Department of Wildlife and it goes by length. My last boat at 20 feet was around $70 for the year. So I think the Makai would be $80-90 total for the year plus the registration on the trailer. It's still crazy to me that boats in any amount but especially over six figures don't have a title. Because the boat does not have a title you pay sales tax where it is purchased as though you were buying any other item. Which works out great for me. Sales tax in the city/ county I live in is 8.25%, which I will pay on the trailer. Sales tax in the city/ county where the boat is being purchased is 4.9%, which I will pay on the price of the boat. Hopefully that makes sense. I have also heard of various people doing strange things in other states to avoid the tax. But like you, I'm good staying off the radar. When I did buy/ sell my last boat 05 Moomba Outback, I paid cash for it and sold it for cash. Because of this I bought/ sold the trailer for $500 and the boat was the rest of the money. So I only paid and the new buyer only paid taxes on the trailer.

Guppy can you post a link to that Wake 9 video you were talking about? I'd be interested in seeing it.

Also, thanks for letting me know that 10% is really good pre and post pandemic. That definitely will make me feel a lot better when it comes time to make the purchase. As we previously discussed, I'm the guy comparing price per ounce on ketchup and using Burger King coupons to make sure I get the best deal possible. So having that extra information is super helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Your deal is spot on and basically identical to what we got on our Makai @ 10% discount. Get any other extras you can as that will vary by dealer. Dealers will usually throw in a decent discount in their pro shop which you can use to buy lead, boards ect.

As far as an ice chest we got one of the Moomba branded ones and it fits perfectly under the seats. You can find it with out the Moomba logo on amazon. It is a good compromise as it isn't the best or the biggest but I cant stand an ice chest on the floor. That being said we are on a lake so we don't need a days worth of anything so I understand why some people need bigger ice chests on the floor.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

We bought a boat in Texas and live in NC. FYI we paid NC taxes which are 3% instead of Texas 7%.

I think you’ll end up paying taxes in the county that you’re registering the boat in like others have said so double check on that and make absolutely sure you don’t get double taxed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk