Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 103
  1. #91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by russellsmojo View Post
    Did you have a trade?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I didn’t, was a cash price.
    2014 Moomba LSV
    2018 Moomba Max

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    north texas
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    I didnít, was a cash price.
    You did good sir! I will pay you a percentage to negotiate my next boat


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Supra SA

  3. #93
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    I feel the same after looking and comparing the Max, Mojo, and now the Makai. After looking at the Makai yesterday, I'm pretty sure this is what we're going to end up with. My dealer said he should be able to get me at a similar price point to what was posted after showing him the build sheet. Mine will be a little more simply because at altitude we will need the 450 motor. But my dealer also said this would be recommended on the Mojo as well.

    Just a few pro's and con's to the Mojo and Makai after looking at them (have not taken either out on the water yet) are;

    Mojo Pro's: I really that it has the different seating configurations to open up space for the observer across from the driver. I liked the ability to do that. I like that the Mojo bow is still fairly deep. Which made me feel safer with kids up there. Cons: The Makai comes standard with the Pro tower and the Mojo it's almost a $4000 upgrade. After speaking with my dealer, he let me know the bimini on the A3 tower (standard on the Mojo) does not even come over the windshield. Which was a big negative for me and would have likely caused me to upgrade to the Pro tower and upgrade the bimini (another $400) more than the A3 bimini. The 7" screen is also standard on the Makai and a $1000 upgrade on the Mojo.

    Makai Pro's: Obviously the Makai is a foot and a half bigger than the Mojo. Which we all know is a big deal. Like stated above the Makai comes with the Pro tower and also includes the 7" screen standard (which I again would have upgraded on the Mojo). Cons: The Makai is a little shallower in the bow which is where I wanted to put some of the kids so I wasn't sure how that would work. But after mentioning it to my wife she just said her and her friends can sit up there and the guys can take care of the kids in the back. I laughed but also know there is more than enough room up there and the three of them would be super comfortable. The Makai is obviously more expensive, but with the upgrades I would be making on the Mojo, it pretty much balances out. The dealer did say he thought the Mojo would throw a better surf wave out of the box then the Makai. But if I'm being honest, I'm not looking to go pro and I'm sure I will be more than satisfied with either wave.

    Anyone have any additional pro's or con's to add? Also for anyone who own's a Makai... where do you put your ice chest?
    Hey Brotha, Fellow Colorado Springs resident here. Im assuming you're Dealing with Hez at RoMoBoCo, we have a build date slotted for Sept for a MOJO. Curious as to how the new pricing affected the numbers he's giving you. He's telling me we are looking at around $113k-118k with the options we want and the 450. We haven't decided on final options yet, we go down there to pick color and finalize here in the next few weeks.

  4. #94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daltong View Post
    Hey Brotha, Fellow Colorado Springs resident here. Im assuming you're Dealing with Hez at RoMoBoCo, we have a build date slotted for Sept for a MOJO. Curious as to how the new pricing affected the numbers he's giving you. He's telling me we are looking at around $113k-118k with the options we want and the 450. We haven't decided on final options yet, we go down there to pick color and finalize here in the next few weeks.
    Hey... yeah I am dealing with Hez at RoMoBoCo. Last I saw him was in May when I went down to look at the Makai. So we haven't gotten into the new pricing yet. I'm currently in a holding pattern on a new boat due to some job stuff. I did put a deposit in for a build spot, but I'm not sure when we'll pull the trigger. I know when I ran the numbers (old pricing) with the 450 the difference between the Makai and the Mojo with similar options (the Mojo optioned more due to many options coming standard on the Makai) was only about $2000.00. This is why I started leaning more toward the Makai. It just made sense to pay the extra 2k and get more boat.

    Do you currently have a boat? I've been wondering how Pueblo Reservoir is now a days. Hez was saying it got crazy busy with COVID and people just looking for something to do outside. We actually sold our boat (2005 Moomba Outback) last year, again due to job stuff. So I haven't been out on the water in a while. I know when we were going pre COVID it was never really busy. At least not by my standards. I grew in California and my family went boating around Parker, AZ. and Lake Havasu. Out there if you weren't on the water by 6am, you were dealing with constant chop. Anyway, let me know how everything goes.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    103

    Default

    When I got my mojo last October, the pricing difference was like 500-600 between the mojo and the makai. We just decided we really didn’t need the extra foot for how many people we take out. So far I don’t regret it.
    2021 Mojo

  6. #96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daltong View Post
    Hey Brotha, Fellow Colorado Springs resident here. Im assuming you're Dealing with Hez at RoMoBoCo, we have a build date slotted for Sept for a MOJO. Curious as to how the new pricing affected the numbers he's giving you. He's telling me we are looking at around $113k-118k with the options we want and the 450. We haven't decided on final options yet, we go down there to pick color and finalize here in the next few weeks.
    Hey, also wanting to know. What do you do to extend boating season out here? I planned on getting some dry suits to be able to go out sooner. Then trying to take an out of state trip (Lake Powell or somewhere in Texas) around April and October. I just don't know about those random snow storms that we get in May and October. Taking the boat out and not re-winterizing makes me nervous. It's just hard to spend all that money on a boat for what generally equates to about a three month season. Just wondering what your thoughts are.

  7. #97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sleek98 View Post
    When I got my mojo last October, the pricing difference was like 500-600 between the mojo and the makai. We just decided we really didn’t need the extra foot for how many people we take out. So far I don’t regret it.
    Yeah, I do like some of the features on the Mojo that the Makai does not have. Especially the new removable seat to add an opening for the co-captains feet. Although, I'm still hoping an ice chest could fit in there. I'm still not completely certain. Fortunately, good or bad, my job situation is creating a mandatory waiting period.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Olympia,WA
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Hey, also wanting to know. What do you do to extend boating season out here? I planned on getting some dry suits to be able to go out sooner. Then trying to take an out of state trip (Lake Powell or somewhere in Texas) around April and October. I just don't know about those random snow storms that we get in May and October. Taking the boat out and not re-winterizing makes me nervous. It's just hard to spend all that money on a boat for what generally equates to about a three month season. Just wondering what your thoughts are.

    Read up on winterizing the boat and you’ll find it’s pretty easy on the raptor motors. All locations are marked with blue labels and getting all of them is about 20 minutes after you’ve done it once or twice.
    2018 Helix
    2007 Centurion elite v

  9. #99
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Hey... yeah I am dealing with Hez at RoMoBoCo. Last I saw him was in May when I went down to look at the Makai. So we haven't gotten into the new pricing yet. I'm currently in a holding pattern on a new boat due to some job stuff. I did put a deposit in for a build spot, but I'm not sure when we'll pull the trigger. I know when I ran the numbers (old pricing) with the 450 the difference between the Makai and the Mojo with similar options (the Mojo optioned more due to many options coming standard on the Makai) was only about $2000.00. This is why I started leaning more toward the Makai. It just made sense to pay the extra 2k and get more boat.

    Do you currently have a boat? I've been wondering how Pueblo Reservoir is now a days. Hez was saying it got crazy busy with COVID and people just looking for something to do outside. We actually sold our boat (2005 Moomba Outback) last year, again due to job stuff. So I haven't been out on the water in a while. I know when we were going pre COVID it was never really busy. At least not by my standards. I grew in California and my family went boating around Parker, AZ. and Lake Havasu. Out there if you weren't on the water by 6am, you were dealing with constant chop. Anyway, let me know how everything goes.
    Sorry for the late reply, this forum is constantly logging me out even tho im a constant lurker lol.

    We do have a boat currently, We are coming from a 06 Super Air Nautique SV211 TE. Pueblo hasn't been bad this year, its certainly better than Chatfield; but I'd have to say my favorite spot to go is John Martin but the drive sucks ass. We are in the Glen in CO springs so Pueblo just makes sense. Curious to see what route you ended up going, we decided with the gap being so close and after finding out that the Mojo wouldn't clear our 8ft garage doors to Just take the plunge and build a Supra SA. We picked out options and colors a few Fridays ago and it builds in October. We are stoked af

  10. #100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daltong View Post
    Sorry for the late reply, this forum is constantly logging me out even tho im a constant lurker lol.

    We do have a boat currently, We are coming from a 06 Super Air Nautique SV211 TE. Pueblo hasn't been bad this year, its certainly better than Chatfield; but I'd have to say my favorite spot to go is John Martin but the drive sucks ass. We are in the Glen in CO springs so Pueblo just makes sense. Curious to see what route you ended up going, we decided with the gap being so close and after finding out that the Mojo wouldn't clear our 8ft garage doors to Just take the plunge and build a Supra SA. We picked out options and colors a few Fridays ago and it builds in October. We are stoked af
    That's good to know about Pueblo, which is the only place we have been out here. Like you said, it just makes sense with the drive. As of now we are still in a holding pattern on our boat due to some job stuff. So we still are undecided on which one to choose. We're also considering a move down to Austin right now. We visited not too long ago and the lakes down there are insane. I just want to be closer to water and have more time to use the boat. Especially if I'm spending six figures on it. That's awesome about the Supra. I'm sure it will be an amazing boat!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •