Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Default 2022 Moomba Max Vs. Mojo

I would plan on 4-5% price increase on
    2022 MSRP, maybe even more based on the current material supply issues.

I believe MaliBU is targeting 7-8% price increases for 22.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by larry_arizona; 04-29-2021 at 02:23 PM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Those prices were based on the Moomba website builder. I still will not be able to boat until 2022, so they could change, but I'm hopeful the 10% off would stay the same.

So for taxes, at least in Colorado, you pay taxes for the county you are registered in on the trailer. In Colorado (like some other states) the trailer is the only thing with a title. The boat is registered through Department of Wildlife and it goes by length. My last boat at 20 feet was around $70 for the year. So I think the Makai would be $80-90 total for the year plus the registration on the trailer. It's still crazy to me that boats in any amount but especially over six figures don't have a title. Because the boat does not have a title you pay sales tax where it is purchased as though you were buying any other item. Which works out great for me. Sales tax in the city/ county I live in is 8.25%, which I will pay on the trailer. Sales tax in the city/ county where the boat is being purchased is 4.9%, which I will pay on the price of the boat. Hopefully that makes sense. I have also heard of various people doing strange things in other states to avoid the tax. But like you, I'm good staying off the radar. When I did buy/ sell my last boat 05 Moomba Outback, I paid cash for it and sold it for cash. Because of this I bought/ sold the trailer for $500 and the boat was the rest of the money. So I only paid and the new buyer only paid taxes on the trailer.

Guppy can you post a link to that Wake 9 video you were talking about? I'd be interested in seeing it.

Your tax issue makes sense. I remember now that some Colorado "forum friends" buying a Tige were having helluva time trading in their boat to a Utah Marine Shop because they kept asking for the title (which does not exist in CO). The Utah DMV was absolutely convinced this must be a stolen vessel and refused to issue a title. It was an absolute nightmare for this guy trying to get it straightened out.

You will unfortunately see some pretty substantial price increases for the 22' MY I bet. Also, I have seen a lot of heavily discounted boats made whole with absorbent prep fees which really cuts into that deep discount. When I was shopping last October, my Axis dealer offered me 16% off list price (which is outstanding for a economy brand), but then listed a $3000 boat and trailer prep fee and a $3350 transportation charge at the bottom. Adios discount. We've talked about it ad nauseum on this site, but dealers want to get you into the SC family, so that your Max purchase becomes a Mojo purchase which becomes a Supra purchase...etc
    Use this leverage. You might not a deal of a lifetime, but there is still room that is fair for both ends of the table.
    2016 Starcraft Limited 1918 (sold)
    2021 MB Sports B52 Alpha (coming April 2021)
    2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
    2022 F-150 SCREW PB (ordered 12/2021...still waiting)
    B-737 (Work Vehicle)

Thanks for the info on the likely increase in price. I guess we'll see what happens when the information comes out. As for the taxes, I will double check on everything before making the purchase to ensure I'm not double taxed.

Guppy, I totally get the 16% off and then the extra random charges they get you with. At this point, if I can get the Makai the way I want it for $110,000 out the door, I would be happy.

SC does throw in freight $1750 and dealer set up $750 and even charge $450 for the shrink wrap cover and I even got a $450 foreign Materials fee probably related to tariffs.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I ordered an SL on January, it’s just about to be shipped. This is my 4th boat from my dealer, 3rd skiers choice boat. I’ve bought other products from them as well. Got 27% off my SL. Girl that processed it asked if I was family because no one outside of family gets that kind of pricing. I’m not, just have a really good relationship with a number of the owners and my sales guy.
    2014 Moomba LSV
    2018 Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    I ordered an SL on January, it’s just about to be shipped. This is my 4th boat from my dealer, 3rd skiers choice boat. I’ve bought other products from them as well. Got 27% off my SL. Girl that processed it asked if I was family because no one outside of family gets that kind of pricing. I’m not, just have a really good relationship with a number of the owners and my sales guy.
    27% is killing it. Great deal

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    27% is killing it. Great deal

I was very surprised. That’s inline with my last couple boats, but this is not a normal year.
    2014 Moomba LSV
    2018 Moomba Max

Default 2022 Moomba Max Vs. Mojo

I was very surprised. That’s inline with my last couple boats, but this is not a normal year.
    What dealer is that? I’ll take the same boat you got.
    Just have them double the order. I’ll make it that easy

That’s about cost+10 according to seedealercost.

Last edited by j.mo; 04-29-2021 at 08:54 PM.

How do I become best friends with you?
    2016 Starcraft Limited 1918 (sold)
    2021 MB Sports B52 Alpha (coming April 2021)
    2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
    2022 F-150 SCREW PB (ordered 12/2021...still waiting)
    B-737 (Work Vehicle)

Did you have a trade?

2017 Supra SA