Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Default 2022 Moomba Max Vs. Mojo

Plus I believe the Tri axles are leaf spring versus torsion on the tandem, I don’t even think the tri axle is offered on the Makai.

Only the SL and SE list a Tri option and the SA weighs more than the SL, so it’s not about weight, but perhaps a look.

The weight of a Makai also doesn’t justify it, about the only SC boat that could justify it is the SE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by larry_arizona; 04-25-2021 at 08:26 AM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    Triple Axle is a waste of $ and nothing but a huge flex IMO!! Looks sweet but the tires scrub a lot. I don’t think it increase the weight rating on the trailer significantly if at all but I could be wrong about that.

Thanks for the info on the double vs. triple axle trailer. That's how I felt as well and agree about it being a "flex". It looks cool. But if there's not really a benefit and it just is more to maintain plus more weight... then I don't need to flex.

Now that it's been brought up... any info on 2021/ 2022 Mojo vs. Makai? If this has already been discussed... can you guys provide a link to the other thread? Thanks again.

Other than length, the mojo and Makai are nearly identical.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Depending on how you option a Mojo they can get very close price wise to a similarly optioned Makai. Mainly if you option the Mojo with the Pro Tower as it is standard on the Makai. If you aren’t going with a pro tower than the price difference remains. There are a couple of options that are cheaper on the Makai vs the Mojo though.

One option to really consider if you are getting the Mojo is the rear storage bins..... they are $700 and offer some good storage but if you plan to upgrade bags (which you likely will) then they will be useless. That is unless the Mojo has shallower bins that are intended for use with larger bags and I am not aware of it which could be totally possible.

2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Default 2022 Moomba Max Vs. Mojo

The mojo/Makai price similarity is parallel to the SA/SL price, when all said, equally equipped they are under $2000 different.

Last edited by larry_arizona; 04-25-2021 at 09:08 PM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    The mojo/Makai price similarity is parallel to the SA/SL price, when all said, equally equipped they are under $2000 different.

Cool. That's what I was noticing with the standard vs. option items between the two. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Plus I believe the Tri axles are leaf spring versus torsion on the tandem, I don’t even think the tri axle is offered on the Makai.

Only the SL and SE list a Tri option and the SA weighs more than the SL, so it’s not about weight, but perhaps a look.

The weight of a Makai also doesn’t justify it, about the only SC boat that could justify it is the SE.

It's possible, the Tate family over at the Wakeboatlife.com through RoBoMoCo got trips & a ladder on their boatmate trailer.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNOP7gnh...=1rtoz9zecvypv

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Going to the dealer to take a look at the Makai tomorrow. Planning on bringing the build sheet that was shared and hoping to talk them into a similar deal. Either way I'm looking forward to checking it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Going to the dealer to take a look at the Makai tomorrow. Planning on bringing the build sheet that was shared and hoping to talk them into a similar deal. Either way I'm looking forward to checking it out.
    Nice!! You wont be disappointed.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead