Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Another thing I have learned, don’t buy your toys to accommodate others. Buy based on your direct family only.

Technically, yes a 23 foot boat would be legal with that crew, hell, I am not even sure where 15 life jackets would fit on a max or mojo.

1st world problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    With that many people.....the beer cooler should add a couple hundred pounds of ballast....lol
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

We do 6 adults and 8 young, but no diapers, kids on our mojo all the time... It's packed, but it's fine, but we also usually don't do all day events since we're on the lake.

Get the flow 3.0! Once you get good at transferring, you will hate that it flow 2.0 requires a little bit of listing weight for a good wave, 3.0 allows staying pretty much evenly weighed down for ballast.

Also, get an inflatable swim mat like the mission mats, they flod up small and are great for getting kids off the boat for when you want to finally just sit and have a beer!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    2016 Mojo surf edition
    1100lbs rear w/ 475lbs piggyback mid/ center 700lbs/ 500lbs IBS/ 600 lbs lead
    ACME 2315

If I could tell you guys how many times I walked a fair deal on something I really loved over 1-3% of the price, only to then have to invest more than said 1-3% restarting the entire process to eventually find a slightly less costly but much less satisfying replacement...

Not worth the stress anymore for me. I'll fiercely negotiate, but I don't lose sleep anymore because some random dude on a forum in Des Moines got a better deal than me. If he even did.

I honestly know people who feel that if the dealer agreed to it...they paid too much. Paradoxical? Yes, but true. Had a buddy who pretty much stole a Ram a few years ago. Best deal I've ever seen. He faked his way into out of state credit unions to get additional $250 regional discounts and crap...no stone unturned. I told him I was BLOWN AWAY at the deal he got, and his response-

"I paid too much"

I replied "How do you figure"

"Because they agreed to it"

Hmmm... "So anything they agree to is by definition too much?"

"Yes"
    2016 Starcraft Limited 1918 (sold)
    2021 MB Sports B52 Alpha (coming April 2021)
    2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
    2022 F-150 SCREW PB (ordered 12/2021...still waiting)
    B-737 (Work Vehicle)

Quote Originally Posted by schwan View Post
    We do 6 adults and 8 young, but no diapers, kids on our mojo all the time... It's packed, but it's fine, but we also usually don't do all day events since we're on the lake.

Get the flow 3.0! Once you get good at transferring, you will hate that it flow 2.0 requires a little bit of listing weight for a good wave, 3.0 allows staying pretty much evenly weighed down for ballast.

Also, get an inflatable swim mat like the mission mats, they flod up small and are great for getting kids off the boat for when you want to finally just sit and have a beer!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the info. I figured it would be packed and maybe we'd just give it a try. If it works out... cool. If not, I'm not too worried about it. Thanks for the advice on Flow 3 as well. I'll make sure to add this in. I did plan on getting a mission mat. I've used them before and they are really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppydriver View Post
    If I could tell you guys how many times I walked a fair deal on something I really loved over 1-3% of the price, only to then have to invest more than said 1-3% restarting the entire process to eventually find a slightly less costly but much less satisfying replacement...

Not worth the stress anymore for me. I'll fiercely negotiate, but I don't lose sleep anymore because some random dude on a forum in Des Moines got a better deal than me. If he even did.

I honestly know people who feel that if the dealer agreed to it...they paid too much. Paradoxical? Yes, but true. Had a buddy who pretty much stole a Ram a few years ago. Best deal I've ever seen. He faked his way into out of state credit unions to get additional $250 regional discounts and crap...no stone unturned. I told him I was BLOWN AWAY at the deal he got, and his response-

"I paid too much"

"Yes"
    Again, I am very much the same way. I will literally spend months of time researching, negotiating, and going back and forth. Not even considering the amount of money in time I am spending to get a "good deal". As I get older I am slowly realizing "time is money" and trying to relax a little. I did get a smoking deal on my truck, but it was a truck on the lot, and its bright RED. Which honestly, I've grown to love. My wife definitely appreciated the red and wanted me to get it over a white one that didn't have the same upgrades mine does. The guy I bought my last boat from was a manager over a couple Chevy dealerships and said he knew exactly what deal I got and that it was an amazing price for the truck. Which made me feel better. The "I paid too much because they agreed to it" mindset may be a bit much for me. Simply because you'd never buy anything. But, sadly... I can say that I also totally get it. With the new boat purchase, I just want to make sure I'm not overpaying and that the resale value when we go to sell it (because I don't think it is a forever boat... even though I'd like it to be) will still be good compared to what we paid for it. Hopefully that makes sense...

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Another thing I have learned, don’t buy your toys to accommodate others. Buy based on your direct family only.

Technically, yes a 23 foot boat would be legal with that crew, hell, I am not even sure where 15 life jackets would fit on a max or mojo.

1st world problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Absolutely first world problems... and I do agree about buying for my family. For me though, boating is definitely a group thing and I enjoy taking people out and teaching. I know though that we have a guest bedroom in our house which we obviously paid for and it gets used maybe in total 30 days out of the year. I've talked with my wife about the often wasted space in the house. But we both agree that having a place for some friends to stay is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppydriver View Post

"I paid too much"

"Yes"
    That is hilarious!

I am not that extreme, but I will never agree to a dealers offer, they must agree to my last offer.

Strangely enough- my favorite part of buying a car, boat, land, snowmobile etc is the negotiating part. It’s like a competition thing to me...haha!
    2021 Moomba Max

Just an idea of some pricing. I just bought this Makai several weeks ago. Here are the options and price. We were able to get a "boat show discount" even though the boat show was canceled and did not take place. I feel like this boat is plenty loaded out with features. He also through in a $500 Hyperlite surf board
    2021 Makai.jpg
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    Just an idea of some pricing. I just bought this Makai several weeks ago. Here are the options and price. We were able to get a "boat show discount" even though the boat show was canceled and did not take place. I feel like this boat is plenty loaded out with features. He also through in a $500 Hyperlite surf board
    2021 Makai.jpg
    Thanks for sharing. Man if you're getting a Makai for $98k plus tax, etc. $105k out the door with just about every option I'd want... I'm definitely not paying close to $110k for a Mojo with the 450 motor. Which is the only difference I saw in your Makai with 400 motor. Mind if I ask where you bought from. Honestly, I'm willing to travel if I needed to.

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    2021 Makai.jpg
    This was a very good deal!

Your dealer must understand this hot market won’t last forever and better to make lifelong customers than screw someone over..
    2021 Moomba Max