Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Private sales

Quote Originally Posted by UNSTUCK View Post
    My bank is really good about that. I call them up and tell them I'm selling and ask to have the title delivered to whatever branch we are meeting at. It's there the next day ready for us. We pay it off, they sign the lien release, notarize and done.
    Sweet! I'm at AFCU, and they always make me wait.
    2016 Starcraft Limited 1918 (sold)
    2021 MB Sports B52 Alpha (coming April 2021)
    2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
    2022 F-150 SCREW PB (ordered 12/2021...still waiting)
    B-737 (Work Vehicle)

American First? That's who I bank with. Maybe they like me more.

Quote Originally Posted by UNSTUCK View Post
    My bank is really good about that. I call them up and tell them I'm selling and ask to have the title delivered to whatever branch we are meeting at. It's there the next day ready for us. We pay it off, they sign the lien release, notarize and done.
    I have the title to my boat which lists US Bank as the lien holder. Same with our last boat through a local credit union (same with any vehicles we’ve ever financed).

I am always surprised to hear folks don’t have their titles...Is that a state by state thing? Perhaps WI requires the owner be sent the title..
    2021 Moomba Max

Default Private sales

Do it through Rinkers. Called an in/out. In essence, you give them the boat on trade for your new one (can be a build slot), the buyer buys the boat from Rinkers. Benefit to you is much much less sales tax on the new boat, and they do all of the paperwork.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Matt
    2021 Mojo
    2016 Mojo (sold)
    2012 LSV (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by brad460 View Post
    I have the title to my boat which lists US Bank as the lien holder. Same with our last boat through a local credit union (same with any vehicles we’ve ever financed).

I am always surprised to hear folks don’t have their titles...Is that a state by state thing? Perhaps WI requires the owner be sent the title..
    I think you are issued a COPY of the title, and the actual is mailed to you after payoff.

I think. I don’t finance vehicles and the like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Woody929 View Post
    Do it through Rinkers. Called an in/out. In essence, you give them the boat on trade for your new one (can be a build slot), the buyer buys the boat from Rinkers. Benefit to you is much much less sales tax on the new boat, and they do all of the paperwork.

Have done this before in the auto world and they called it a "Courtesy Trade". Definitely saves some $ on taxes.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

State by state. Utah issues titles and allows the banks to hold them. It's their boat till I repay them for it, is the logic. Then there is places like Arizona that don't title boats. The registration acts as title.

My truck and boat are financed thru capital credit union in green bay.
    They have held every title for our vehicles except trailers. Its likely a bank thing and not a wi thing.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Woody929 View Post

Seeing if I can still somehow make this happen now that the cashier's checks have already been issued.
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Rinkers has to also agree to it.
    Example math: You agree to sell for $60k
    That counts as a trade allowance for you
    New boat: $100k
    Taxes if buying if you sell outright: $6,250
    Taxes if you can do it the other way: $100k-$60k = $40k * 6.25%=$2,500

Matt