Default Battery relocation

Looking for any info or opinions on relocating my dual batteries to the port helm locker.

We are looking to store skis in our Mojo and this is the only side with enough length. Move the batteries (longer cables) then I need to modify the carpeted brace just rear of the tower.

Any reason to not do this? Better options for skis? Will it cause any issues to have them 4ft forward (weight issues, etc.)?

Seeing if someone has done this before.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

I would not worry about weight to move them. just make sure if you do that the cables are properly lengthened. 4ft should not be a big deal if that's all you need.

in 2 of my prior boats I added a 3rd battery in a completely different location(front passenger locker) and piggybacked off the deep cycle house battery in the rear. years of use with no ill effects.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Have you considered replacing a tower board rack with a wider one to store a slalom ski.
    2020 Moomba Mojo
    2008 Mastercraft Prostar 197 40th Anniversary
    Owner Ness Lake Watersports
    Wakemakers “Exact Fit” Bags + Lead = 4,700 ballast
    Audio by Wetsounds, MTX, JL Audio, Clarion
    15 X 13.00 ACME prop

Yeah was looking at those last night.
    It makes the most sense and it is certainly less work.
    I have both upper mounts on the tower empty and could just add one without removing anything.

Both of our skis will fit it the dual wakeboard rack. Just worried about damage while cruising not having the width to support.

Don't want to be this guy....
    images.jpeg
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

I never even thought about using the upper mounting points. That’s perfect, you won’t have to lose any storage of any kind. The wider rack will support the skis better and will fit a slalom ski equipped with double bindings.
    2020 Moomba Mojo
    15 X 13.00 ACME prop

We still ski a lot so we have had a ski rack on all of our boats and they work great. This is a Monster Tower Ski Rack that we have used.

https://monstertower.com/monster-water-ski-rack.html
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Looking at the different racks over the weekend.
    I like the Roswell unit, but at $400 they sure are proud of it. I see there are others with similar mounting pattern on Amazon, Ebay, etc.

Do I need any adapters or does the rack just bolt to the round mount of the tower?
    Thinking about buying new tines and making a backplate. Just have to see how much time I have before the weather breaks. Saying snow tomorrow in Ohio WTF!
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Lol. Almost rid of the snow here but lake is still covered in ice. I haven’t had a look at how Moomba does it but I do know that on the Mastercraft racks you only have to replace the spreader bar to change from a board rack to ski rack. As far as the upper mounting points go. I would think that those gold plated Roswells should be a direct bolt on to their tower. It might be worth a call to them to see what they recommend and try asking for a break on the price while you’re at it. The great one, Wayne Gretzky, once said, “you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take”. Cheers
    2020 Moomba Mojo
    15 X 13.00 ACME prop

Tommy,

I know what you are saying about "gold plated". I'm trying to call in a few favors to get a spreader bar made for my existing rack that I won't use this season. Then just swap the tines. If this works, I'm out a case of beer and some pulls on the lake (once its not frozen). Keep the narrow bar for later, or adapt it to something that will hold wet vest or fender balls while underway.

Looks like this is the better way to go instead of relocating batteries. I'll share pics if this pans out. Stay warm up north.
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    Tommy,

I know what you are saying about "gold plated". I'm trying to call in a few favors to get a spreader bar made for my existing rack that I won't use this season. Then just swap the tines. If this works, I'm out a case of beer and some pulls on the lake (once its not frozen). Keep the narrow bar for later, or adapt it to something that will hold wet vest or fender balls while underway.

Looks like this is the better way to go instead of relocating batteries. I'll share pics if this pans out. Stay warm up north.
    I was just referring to the price that they ask for the clamps and that they could be gold plated for that price!
    2020 Moomba Mojo
    15 X 13.00 ACME prop