Default Retaining nut & coupling set screw question

I have an '04 mobius and I am replacing my shaft seal. When removing the retaining nut from from shaft I noticed that it was not very tight. When reinstalling everything back, I tightened the nut to shaft (read it needs to be 60 - 70 ft/lbs) and the set screw. Problem is that the set screw completely misses the retaining nut now.

Do I need not tighten retaining nut as tight or can I add a washer between coupling and nut so set screw is on the retaining nut? Thanks!
    '04 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by bubba_tiger View Post
    I have an '04 mobius and I am replacing my shaft seal. When removing the retaining nut from from shaft I noticed that it was not very tight. When reinstalling everything back, I tightened the nut to shaft (read it needs to be 60 - 70 ft/lbs) and the set screw. Problem is that the set screw completely misses the retaining nut now.

Do I need not tighten retaining nut as tight or can I add a washer between coupling and nut so set screw is on the retaining nut? Thanks!
    I think you've over tightened the nut and it will never come off so you don't need to worry about the set screw.. Lol
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

I hope that's not the case, but we'll see on day! Thanks.
    '04 Mobius LSV