Default Adjusting drive profiles in HMI...

So I am a little confused on a few things. Firstly it appears you cannot adjust the default profiles or at least I can't figure out how to. For instance the cruise profile, I tried to adjust that and when it is set to this in the HMI and I make a change then hit the save button it only gives me the option for "New Profile" as oppose to saving the one I am in. This is frustrating because I don't want the settings they currently have listed for cruise and creating a second profile for everything seems redundant.

Second question, what is the best smart plate setting for cruising? I assumed it was with it at 100 since it planes the boat out but I also can't figure out if 100 means worse for fuel economy because it is all the way down or if 100 means it is all the way up and best for fuel economy so please let me know if anyone has the answer here.

Thanks!
    2021 Supra SE

Bump, any help would be helpful.
    2021 Supra SE

Hope you get a reply to your ask. Only factory profiles in a Moomba so I can’t help. Hope you have a great summer with your beautiful new boat!
    2020 Moomba Mojo
    2008 Mastercraft Prostar 197 40th Anniversary
    Owner Ness Lake Watersports
    Wakemakers “Exact Fit” Bags + Lead = 4,700 ballast
    Audio by Wetsounds, MTX, JL Audio, Clarion
    15 X 13.00 ACME prop

Default Adjusting drive profiles in HMI...

On my previous 2018 Supra, you could edit the presets (pre dual vision screens)which in my opinion was bad. I personally would leave the presets alone and create custom ones and save separately.

I use presets as my baseline and tweak as needed, many complained when they lost factory pitch and roll settings and asked what the factory settings were. Maybe this is why you can’t edit presets now?? You can save unlimited custom settings.

I haven’t tried on my 21 yet.

As far as wake-plate, I believe it only goes to 100 during launch assist, once on plane, it retracts to 0. With auto leveling, I know the surf tabs get applied as needed to level the roll of the boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by larry_arizona; 04-15-2021 at 08:42 AM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by DDD123 View Post
    So I am a little confused on a few things. Firstly it appears you cannot adjust the default profiles or at least I can't figure out how to. For instance the cruise profile, I tried to adjust that and when it is set to this in the HMI and I make a change then hit the save button it only gives me the option for "New Profile" as oppose to saving the one I am in. This is frustrating because I don't want the settings they currently have listed for cruise and creating a second profile for everything seems redundant.

Second question, what is the best smart plate setting for cruising? I assumed it was with it at 100 since it planes the boat out but I also can't figure out if 100 means worse for fuel economy because it is all the way down or if 100 means it is all the way up and best for fuel economy so please let me know if anyone has the answer here.

Thanks!
    I can't speak on the changes to the default profiles but as for the smart plate......it deploys to 100% (all the way down) when at rest in preparation for "launching" the boat, this is the launch control. On my Moomba once on plane it retracts to I believe 25% from there you can adjust it to you liking for cruising and it really depends on your water conditions as to where you will want it placed. I assume by "cruising" you mean the "Go Home" preset but either way my boat does this weather I have a preset on or not. Of course the more plate you use (meaning the larger the #) the more of your hull will be in the water and in turn the more fuel you will burn.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Use the buttons on back of steering wheel to adjust wake plate to your conditions once on plane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan