Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Did you have the boat winched to the bumper when it was in the water? Then later noticed it off the bumper? I've had this problem when loading deep. It has to do with the angle of the boat vs trailer. Now I watch this as my wife is pulling the boat out, as soon as I see this happen, with the boat still partially in the water, I have her stop and I winch it back to the bumper.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

If you are trailering a short distance 20-30 minutes do you really need transom hook tie downs? I had never done it in the past but if people here recommend it I will start doing it.
    2021 Supra SE

Quote Originally Posted by DDD123 View Post
    If you are trailering a short distance 20-30 minutes do you really need transom hook tie downs? I had never done it in the past but if people here recommend it I will start doing it.
    You don’t until you do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    that ramp n clamp looks just like the boat buddy that was a factory option back in the mid2000's from skiers/boatmate. our supra had it for a season. great when it worked. horrible when it didn't. took it off and never looked back after replacing one with a bent pin and second one bent midseason.
    guess this is the better version to replace it.....

never been bitched at for powerloading. did it in idaho and here in nevada frequently but the deeper launch ramps in wisconsin I never had to. I do know that in Wi they would have yelled at us for doing it due to the lakebottoms.
    The boat buddy had issues and that was what originally was with my Boatmate trailer. The ramp in clamp is a different design and much stronger. I’ve already slammed it accidentally a few times. It’s built pretty sturdy.

had them on every trailer and used them when long distance towing from idaho to wisconsin and to utah but otherwise until here in nevada rarely used them on the day to day trips to the launch.
    in vegas I have to drive over a couple pretty decent asphalt buckles that have developed outside the entrance to lake mead so I use them regularly now but if it wasn't for the dips they would be unused.

others will tell a different story so I view it as do what you feel safe with and keep your insurance up to date.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    had them on every trailer and used them when long distance towing from idaho to wisconsin and to utah but otherwise until here in nevada rarely used them on the day to day trips to the launch.
    in vegas I have to drive over a couple pretty decent asphalt buckles that have developed outside the entrance to lake mead so I use them regularly now but if it wasn't for the dips they would be unused.

others will tell a different story so I view it as do what you feel safe with and keep your insurance up to date.
    It really does depend on your roads. Sometimes I leave some slack in them on drive home if the boat is a little misaligned on the bunks, a dip or two and a couple S turns and she is perfectly aligned on bunks by the time I get home.

G2 stainless boat buckles are so easy

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Default Help with trailering questions

I have retractable ones so not putting them on is literally blasphemous.

Last edited by eder10986; 04-13-2021 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbinesurgeon View Post
    The boat buddy had issues and that was what originally was with my Boatmate trailer. The ramp in clamp is a different design and much stronger. I’ve already slammed it accidentally a few times. It’s built pretty sturdy.

What boat do you have? I just want to make sure it can hold the weight of the SA.

Most states it's required. I never used them for local launches myself. Get on the highway and troopers look for what they consider unsecured loads.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Default Help with trailering questions