Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Pull the entire strap out. Then applying pressure winch the entire strap back on the spool. You probably have some slack in it that allows boat to slide down. If that doesn’t work then a replacement winch from Boatmate is very reasonable. One thing I don’t play with because the mishap is a boat sliding down the road or in the truck bed. Neither good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Supra SA

I put the ramp’n clamp on my trailer and never looked back. I love it, drive the boat up, click, and drive away.

https://www.ramp-n-clamp.com/mobile/default.aspx

Default Help with trailering questions

Quote Originally Posted by Turbinesurgeon View Post
    I put the ramp’n clamp on my trailer and never looked back. I love it, drive the boat up, click, and drive away.

https://www.ramp-n-clamp.com/mobile/default.aspx

https://youtu.be/WrmMMnUi0jc

If I powerloaded like this locally, I would get my ass kicked. Big no-no around here.

There is one launch around me that there is a big pit behind the concrete ramp, I have seen trailers fall into this pit and get hung up on the frames, all from power loading.

Last edited by larry_arizona; 04-13-2021 at 09:51 AM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    https://youtu.be/WrmMMnUi0jc

If I powerloaded like this locally, I would get my ass kicked. Big no-no around here.

There is one launch around me that there is a big pit behind the concrete ramp, I have seen trailers fall into this pit and get hung up on the frames, all from power loading.

You can coast it on or even winch it on, the nice thing is when you pull it out the boat doesn’t shift on the trailer. In AZ they don’t care because the bottom is all rocks but I remember in MN they didn’t like it and on the St Croix you had to load with the engine off.

This looks interesting. I could easily coast the boat on without power loading at all

that ramp n clamp looks just like the boat buddy that was a factory option back in the mid2000's from skiers/boatmate. our supra had it for a season. great when it worked. horrible when it didn't. took it off and never looked back after replacing one with a bent pin and second one bent midseason.
    guess this is the better version to replace it.....

never been bitched at for powerloading. did it in idaho and here in nevada frequently but the deeper launch ramps in wisconsin I never had to. I do know that in Wi they would have yelled at us for doing it due to the lakebottoms.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    I always hit the brakes briefly in the tie down area to get the boat to slide forward to the bow roller. Boat will slide easy on wet bunks, doesn’t take much

I've seen on a this forum or maybe wakeworld before where someone did this and when the boat hit the bow stop it bent the whole thing. Got to be careful doing this.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

You never know what you find at the end of the ramp. Recreation divers located a truck with the driver missing for 15 years. Dive rescue used a wrecker with a long boom to lift it out. The end has a 15 foot drop off.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    I've seen on a this forum or maybe wakeworld before where someone did this and when the boat hit the bow stop it bent the whole thing. Got to be careful doing this.
    Did it for 3 seasons with no issue. Less than 5mph does it.

After I sold my SA, the new owner got rear ended by an SUV on the trailer and it barely bent the bow stop.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    that ramp n clamp looks just like the boat buddy that was a factory option back in the mid2000's from skiers/boatmate. our supra had it for a season. great when it worked. horrible when it didn't. took it off and never looked back after replacing one with a bent pin and second one bent midseason.
    guess this is the better version to replace it.....

never been bitched at for powerloading. did it in idaho and here in nevada frequently but the deeper launch ramps in wisconsin I never had to. I do know that in Wi they would have yelled at us for doing it due to the lakebottoms.
    Thinking these newer models could handle the weight of the SA? I’m gonna call and confirm. Interested because most everyone that comes with me has little to zero experience with trailering or loading/unloading so I do it all myself. This would potentially save me so much time as all I would need is a spotter in the bow or dock.