Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Schlanseay View Post
    Thank you all for the thoughts and insights. Our top end budget fall right in the middle of slightly optioned Craz or less optioned Kaiyen / Max. I think we would upgrade larger in a few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm no pro, but here's some info I gathered from my research in the fall.

Take into consideration on how you will boat
    - do you trailer or have a lake hose / slip? Space for gear and towability should be a factor.
    Pros for each boat in my opinion-
    Kayen will surf great stock (no lead) and is smaller, it's the only one with a walkthrough stern. That's the best feature IMHO. It also has the Flow 3.
    Max is best bang for the buck but will require the most additional ballast. Once it's weighted, it has the potential for the biggest wave, but has Flow 2.0.(inferior)
    Craz has Flow 3 surf system available. This would be my reason to pick Craz if I was mainly surfing and needed more space than Kayen, or if you like the traditional bow.
    We are on a lake, with no need to carry gear and use a pontoon boat for cruising, so we went with a Mondo, but out of the three you are considering I would pick the Kayen.
    If I was trailering and would be spending a full day on the water, than the Max would be it.
    Either way, there's no bad choice, only what's your flavor.
    Good luck
    2022 MB F22 Alpha
    2021 Mondo (sold)
    2020 Grand Island Fish
    2017 Sea-Doo Spark

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphy View Post
    I'm no pro, but here's some info I gathered from my research in the fall.

Take into consideration on how you will boat
    - do you trailer or have a lake hose / slip? Space for gear and towability should be a factor.
    Pros for each boat in my opinion-
    Kayen will surf great stock (no lead) and is smaller, it's the only one with a walkthrough stern. That's the best feature IMHO. It also has the Flow 3.
    Max is best bang for the buck but will require the most additional ballast. Once it's weighted, it has the potential for the biggest wave, but has Flow 2.0.(inferior)
    Craz has Flow 3 surf system available. This would be my reason to pick Craz if I was mainly surfing and needed more space than Kayen, or if you like the traditional bow.
    We are on a lake, with no need to carry gear and use a pontoon boat for cruising, so we went with a Mondo, but out of the three you are considering I would pick the Kayen.
    If I was trailering and would be spending a full day on the water, than the Max would be it.
    Either way, there's no bad choice, only what's your flavor.
    Good luck
    Thanks for the insights! We are actually leaning towards the KAiyen because of the walk through. The boat is lift kept where we come and go throughout the day so we don’t need to pack up for an entire day. I think I want flow 3.0 so that limits us to craz or Kaiyen for now.

Just sold my Craz for a Kaiyen....LOVED the CRAZ...but wanted Flow 3, walk through, and with pro tower it fits in garage better. Fit/Finish is a much nicer on Kaiyen. Only real downside for me is smaller bow...but most don't like being stuck up front and 2 people fit perfect. We are on a lake as well...so no need for a bunch of gear for the day so losing 6 inches wasn't that big of deal. The stock wave on Kaiyen when I did the demo was much better than my CRAZ with upgraded 1100 pound rear bags. Not "bigger" but clean lip and easier to get a clean wave... Both are fantastic boats. MOJO would be ideal but too big for my smaller lake. MAX is best value but interior was to bland....

Quote Originally Posted by xbrandloyal View Post
    Just sold my Craz for a Kaiyen....LOVED the CRAZ...but wanted Flow 3, walk through, and with pro tower it fits in garage better. Fit/Finish is a much nicer on Kaiyen. Only real downside for me is smaller bow...but most don't like being stuck up front and 2 people fit perfect. We are on a lake as well...so no need for a bunch of gear for the day so losing 6 inches wasn't that big of deal. The stock wave on Kaiyen when I did the demo was much better than my CRAZ with upgraded 1100 pound rear bags. Not "bigger" but clean lip and easier to get a clean wave... Both are fantastic boats. MOJO would be ideal but too big for my smaller lake. MAX is best value but interior was to bland....
    How does the size of the main cabin feel on your Kaiyen versus the Craz? I’m also wondering what I’d have to do (additional ballast bags etc) to get a clean wake on a Max since it does not offer flow 3.0. Any thoughts?

Main cabin feels the same if not bigger with walk through (optically more than actually I think). It's just 6 inches out of the front. No experience with Max

What lake are you on?
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    What lake are you on?
    Im in Minnesota on the Mississippi River

Quote Originally Posted by Schlanseay View Post
    Im in Minnesota on the Mississippi River

You’re brave for getting in the Mississippi! Only river I ever went to was the St. Croix. Are there many boaters in the Mississippi other than shipping and such? Haven’t lived there in 11 years.

Quote Originally Posted by eder10986 View Post
    You’re brave for getting in the Mississippi! Only river I ever went to was the St. Croix. Are there many boaters in the Mississippi other than shipping and such? Haven’t lived there in 11 years.

Where did you live back then? We are 20 miles north of Minneapolis on a 6-8 mile stretch of recreation pool area on the River so it’s great! Just need to figure out Kaiyen, Max, Craz or Mojo. Also still thinking about an NXT22