Thread: Xtreme Heaters

Default Xtreme Heaters

Hey all. I’m sure a lot of you had seen these but this is my first time. Thinking of getting one for our SA for weird temp swings.

We will still 100% winterize, however I thought it would be nice to have for times when the temps are in the 70s and we get a random hard freeze day or two as we did this week. This would avoid me draining the engine or running antifreeze like I’ve had to do twice this season already.

Thoughts or any experiences with these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like the reviews are great on them! Apparently really well built.
    However I would be concerned about ballast bags still freezing. As this would only heat the engine bay really. I guess it would keep your engine itself from serious damage which would more than pay for itself but I would still be nervous about other areas freezing.

Where do you keep your boat during the spring and fall?

But I have no experience with these at all maybe someone else has a real idea haha
    Josh
    2021 Mojo, Sold 7/15/22
    2023 Supreme S240, on order

Default Xtreme Heaters

Just got the boat this winter. It’ll be on our driveway so I have power and everything. I see you’re in Boone. We’re in Hillsborough about 45 mins east of Greensboro.

Ballast bags freezing don’t bother me themselves. Concerns would be ballast pumps and impellers and such.

It looks like you can hang a detachable mount in the engine bay and just hook it up when needed.

For me. I’d winterize but if I wanted to hit the lakes early in the season this may be a good tool for overnight freezes and such.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk