Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Anchor

Lake house is next... Right now we visit, Canyon Lake, Cedar Creek and Ouachita the most

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good choice with the box anchor

Make sure you post pics of that Makai when she come in!!
    2016 Starcraft Limited 1918 (sold)
    2021 MB Sports B52 Alpha (coming April 2021)
    2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
    2022 F-150 SCREW PB (ordered 12/2021...still waiting)
    B-737 (Work Vehicle)

I’m just trying to figure out the site... I uploaded the screen shots from the build when it was ordered but seems like only I can see them. img.jpg
    img.jpg

Sweet color set up on the boat!! Box Anchor FTW!! I went with a large with the Makai but small should do just fine

2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Team Box Anchor for me too. Checked out the slide anchor site yesterday. I’m a believer!
    2020 Moomba Mojo
    2008 Mastercraft Prostar 197 40th Anniversary
    Owner Ness Lake Watersports
    Wakemakers “Exact Fit” Bags + Lead = 4,700 ballast
    Audio by Wetsounds, MTX, JL Audio, Clarion
    15 X 13.00 ACME prop

Quote Originally Posted by clzipper View Post
    Lake house is next... Right now we visit, Canyon Lake, Cedar Creek and Ouachita the most

Do you ever try out DeGray? We go to hot springs every summer and did Ouachita a few years ago and it was miserable. We spent a week on DeGray about 4 years ago and I think we are going to go back this summer. Was way calmer.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

We have been to DeGray as well. Usually later in the summer. When did you go to Ouachita and find it packed?

Quote Originally Posted by clzipper View Post
    We have been to DeGray as well. Usually later in the summer. When did you go to Ouachita and find it packed?

When we went to Ouachita it wasnt so much packed as it was just windy. We launched at Mountain Harbor and drove to Hotel Island and just got the crap beat out of us the whole way. When we tried to pull into some coves for riding all we could see were just stumps galore.

When we went to Degray and I don't really recall ever seeing a stump anywhere we went and it was not crowded at all. We stayed with a group who rented out the oak bower recreation area so we had the whole place to ourselves. Only down side was there is not dock so we had to anchor the boats out every night but it was a blast.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

We’ve gone to Ouachita as a family for the last two years. Hotel Island being windy is no surprise, it’s in the dead middle of the lake. Due south of it there are shallows and some small islands that can go under in higher water but all around it is deep deep water, over 100ft. When I lived up there I dove and spear fished a lot of that area. We are going back to DeGray in August, which will be the first time in a couple years, so we will have to see what’s it’s like. I remember a really big sand bar area and that’s why we are going there. Kids love playing on the sand bars