Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    I am correct and I did give credit to the notes being from the tech, not your words. I felt the clarification was needed, in case someone got in there with a volt meter and was expecting to find "power" (12V+) on the LED's blue wire.

@HFarr,

Unless RGB was a factory option on that year/model, then its unlikely the factory harness has a 4-con to each LED. If this was the case, then you would simply find the 4-con's termination point behind the helm, and remove the brue ground and attach the red ground and the color change is done. There would be no need to visit each LED's splice.

If I was going to do this, I would clip the factory 2-con off each LED and run my own 4-con to where I would mount the controller. This is much easier then trying to run a 2nd 2-con and then relocate the original factory 2-con to the controller location. The single color switch could then be used to power the controller on/off.
    Yes. I understand exactly what you are talking about. I was hoping the techician response would have been just as you mentioned, about there being one location to change it at. I am sure you are right about there only being a 2 conductor wire if they had to visit each light to change it.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Yea my 2023 Max has all RGB lights but there is only 2 wire ran to each of them. I plan to run my own 4 wire to all the lights but I am wondering if anyone knows how to tie this into the OEM 7" screen to control from RGB selection on the screen or if we have to just run an aftermarket controller?
    2023 Moomba Max
    5,550lbs ballast | 1,000lbs lead = 6,650lbs
    2014 Moomba Mojo 2.5- SOLD
    Tow- 2002 F-350 Super Duty 7.3L PSD

Update my 2023 Max had RGB led strips on both side pockets and the REV 8's.

The Rev8's were pre wired and ran down the star side tower leg. I ran RGB wire to both side pockets and tapped the REV 8's into the circuit. I added a RGB controller and wired the power to the plug under the dash labeled "RGB" so now my OEM RGB switch turns the controller on. My factory courtesy lights still come on with the "court" switch.
    2023 Moomba Max
    5,550lbs ballast | 1,000lbs lead = 6,650lbs
    2014 Moomba Mojo 2.5- SOLD
    Tow- 2002 F-350 Super Duty 7.3L PSD