Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Texas Freeze

Have noticed a show drip out of the heat exchanger also. Hoping that is not cracked.
    2018 Moomba Max

If you had someone winterize it, you should do nothing and have them dewinterize it. After all, that is why you pay the bucks to ensure nothing is freeze damaged in the spring.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Should I be able to see water running through the strainer while it is running? Didn’t appear to be anything running through there.
    2018 Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by derekhtv View Post
    Should I be able to see water running through the strainer while it is running? Didn’t appear to be anything running through there.
    Do you have the valve open and the back end of the boat sitting underwater?
    If so, yes, the strainer compartment should fill up with water. I have not looked at mine while running, but you should see the water moving inside the strainer or some movement in there.

On the reverse of that, when I was making a change last summer while on the trailer,
    If you close the valve,
    Attach the garden hose to the strainer,
    Turn the hose on,
    Once the water starts flowing, the system will start to fill with water and you will hear it flowing out the transom exhaust before the engine is started.

Once you shutoff the motor, shutoff the garden hose and open the valve, the water remaining in the strainer section of the system will drain out of the bottom of the boat. Not all water drains out, that is why Indmar produces the documentation for pulling the blue-plugs and crossover hose for the winter process.
    2018 Supra SL400

Captain Obvious here - but did you pull the dipstick and check for milkshake?
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Captain Obvious here - but did you pull the dipstick and check for milkshake?
    Raptor powered boats won't crack the block and mix fluids when frozen because of the closed cooling system. The only risk is the heat exchanger(s) and manifolds.
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

No water seems to be exiting at the transom exhaust.
    2018 Moomba Max

No water seems to be exiting the exhaust and from looking at all the pipes, it seems like the last place any water is moving to is the heat exchanger. Is it alright to open up the top of that and look for obstructions myself or is it just a tow out the water and bring in situation?
    2018 Moomba Max

There is nothing to it. Take that one screw out and pop it off. The bottom is a little different because of the drain, but not much. Just line the gasket up when you put it back on.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

Ok, so I'm not sure how much water should be coming out of the exhaust when the boat is just sitting in neutral, but there actually is a little bit coming out with the hose hooked up. After talking with Rinkers, I have checked engine oil and v drive oil for signs of coolant and it all looks good. Also checked the freeze plugs and they haven't popped at all. The coolant reservoir is actually empty so I need to fill that up again and see how that does. Haven't run the boat long enough to see if engine temps keep rising but I think that is the next step (drop the boat down on the lift into the water and sit in neutral to operating temps).
    2018 Moomba Max