Default Anyone have experience with hyrohoist lifts or similar at marinas

Hello,

My wife and I just put in an offer on a home at Lake Murray SC. The home comes with a deeded boat slip at the marina. The real estate agent believes lifts are allowed. I would have to check with the HOA/marina.

My question: has anyone use one of the floating lifts? Any idea on cost? Weight/length restrictions? I will also have to ask the dimensions of the slip and update the thread. I will also update if I get yay/nay of putting a lift into the slip. Thanks all!!

I had a Hydrohoist 6600 installed at a marina on Clarks Hill Lake. It was about $9700 installed. That included some extras like the walking planks, which I highly recommend if your slip has the space. The planks allow me to walk along side of the boat while it's up on the lift, which is great for wiping it down.
    2021 SL450

Have a hydrohoist 6600lb as well. Bought 3 year used for $5300 + $400 to install in DFW metroplex. They don't seem to go much cheaper than $5k if it has the newer Blue (plastic) floats. Works great, just wish it was the 8800lb one. They seem to build a bit of safety factor into those numbers but if going with a larger boat will probably need it in the future if I go Supra SE/ MC X24/ G25. My Max with 750 of lead and full tank of gas was about a 1000lb off of what it can do (tested by keeping the front ballast full and trying to lift it out of the water, which it accomplished....barely). Just keep that in mind....lots easier to pay an extra 2k up front and know there isn't a wake boat out there you can't lift.

Overall, they are pretty simple and seem to be very reliable. Every one in my marina has to use them and haven't heard of one complaint. Plenty of the older non plastic tank hoists still floating after more than a decade and on original fan motors.
    Last edited by FamilyMan; 03-17-2021 at 01:11 AM.
    2018 Max - Ultrablue flake/Gray - 4400 lbs water (720s midship), 750 lbs lead somewhere

endotiger, FamilyMan;

Very helpful information, thank you for the replies.