Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I just imported a jpg photo into autocad and scaled it (as close as possible, probably within an inch or so) close enough for my purposes just to be assured that my cross beams wouldn't end up right on my stabilizer fins or prop shaft. They don't, so I am happy about that. But I am not too happy with my width now, so I will work on that. The ideal setup would be to make a frame to hold the bunks just like my trailer setup. That would be sweet, but a lot of work and probably expensive and heavy.

How do you feel like your positioning front to back? In your CAD it looks like your rear lifting point is pretty close to if not right on the theoretical CG (I say theoretical bc no one can confirm where it is exactly but best estimate I have found is in between the axles on the trailer). It looks as if the front of your bunk boards are higher out of the water than the rears, is that by design? I am asking all of this as our lifts are being installed as I type this and we are putting the boats in them on Friday so I am very curious. I won't lie I am a little nervous but just having to be confident in our contractor.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

This was when I first put the Tige on the lift on our shorter dock. I was struggling with water depth. It sat super nice on the bunks but had a ton of front over hang. No issues with a bunch of kids in the bow with the lift up. I mucked around with bunk positions under water with the boat floating above on a calm day.IMG_1873.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

TXsurf4,
    You are right, I am not happy with how the boat sits on the bunks as it is. They are spaced for the old crownline that I had on it prior to buying this boat. I'm going to play with the spacing some next week and will post new pictures after I do. That cad drawing is a drawing of what I actually have now and not what I designed. By the way my boat has the exact opposite paint scheme as yours!
    Last edited by HFarr; 03-31-2021 at 01:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    TXsurf4,
    You are right, I am not happy with how the boat sits on the bunks as it is. They are spaced for the old crownline that I had on it prior to buying this boat. I'm going to play with the spacing some next week and will post new pictures after I do. That cad drawing is a drawing of what I actually have now and not what I designed. By the way my boat has the exact opposite paint scheme as yours!
    Understood. Are you un happy with the spacing of your bunk boards side to side or unhappy with how your boat sits on them front to back? Our color schemes are close to opposite except my metal flake is Raspberry. Pictures never do Metal Flake any justice. I love the color scheme on your boat!!! Is that eclipse black metal flake or black cherry metal flake?
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Black Cherry Metal Flake and Fire Red. I am not happy with the side to side or the front to back really. Well actually front to back is not too bad. I am going to widen the side to side about 6-8", and add another board to the top of the bunks in a horizontal orientation to give it a bit more contact surface area this weekend or next week. I am even thinking of adding a smaller wedge shape to the front similar to the trailer setup just to stabilize the boat a bit more and make it center on the bunks everytime I pull it in. We'll see if I can figure that part out. Again, the current configuration was for my crownline, which it fit perfect.

Black Cherry Metal Flake and Fire Red. I am not happy with the side to side or the front to back really. Well actually front to back is not too bad. I am going to widen the side to side about 6-8", and add another board to the top of the bunks in a horizontal orientation to give it a bit more contact surface area this weekend or next week. I am even thinking of adding a smaller wedge shape to the front similar to the trailer setup just to stabilize the boat a bit more and make it center on the bunks everytime I pull it in. We'll see if I can figure that part out. Again, the current configuration was for my crownline, which it fit perfect.
    That is an awesome combo!! Ya let’s us know how the adjustments turn out. Our bunk boards are being installed Friday morning and we are putting the boat on the lift around lunch. Hopefully everything is spot on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Shoot me some pics of the bunks and how it fits!

You get you boat lift set up
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Yep got both boats on the lifts this weekend and it definitely feels good! Our bunk boards are 16 ft long and honestly the 12s that our contractor originally had would have been fine but with the boat being 24.5ft he wanted to put the 16s under it. The boat doesn’t even touch the front 3ft of them lol. As far as height we are 17” off of the supporting I beams which clears all the underwater hardware. Did you adjust your’s any?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans