Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Moomba Makai CAD drawing?

Would anyone know where I could find a CAD drawing of the Moomba Makai?

I doubt SC gives out cad data.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I have a new Makai on the way, and am trying to figure out what adjustments I might have to make to my cable lift (if any) in case my cross beams are spaced so that the stearn drive and mid boat stabilizer fins end up right on top of them.

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    I have a new Makai on the way, and am trying to figure out what adjustments I might have to make to my cable lift (if any) in case my cross beams are spaced so that the stearn drive and mid boat stabilizer fins end up right on top of them.
    You will need a cable lift with bunks that have no cross beams.....at least in my neck of the woods.

I took a side view photo of the boat and copied it into autocad. Scaled it pretty quick and made that work. I will be fine with the spacing on my cross supports.

Can you post some info and pics of what you did to get the pic in ACAD? I've run UG for years. Currently running Creo and trying to teach myself ACAD for some legacy projects.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cucv View Post
    Can you post some info and pics of what you did to get the pic in ACAD? I've run UG for years. Currently running Creo and trying to teach myself ACAD for some legacy projects.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Use can use AutoCAD Raster Design to get a rough spline in AutoCAD from any image file. The higher resolution image a contrast of black to whites helps get a better spline. Otherwise you could just import, scale accordingly and then trace the profile.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    I took a side view photo of the boat and copied it into autocad. Scaled it pretty quick and made that work. I will be fine with the spacing on my cross supports.
    Out of curiosity what did you get from the stern of the boat to the center of the tower? I am not close to my boat so I cant actually measure.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    You will need a cable lift with bunks that have no cross beams.....at least in my neck of the woods.

Why is that? Our overhead lift has cross beams, never had an issue with any boat we've out on it.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Here is the CAD pic I made just using a profile photo. The dimensions shown are how my lift cables and 2x10 bunks were spaced. I just yesterday put the Moomba Makai on it. Not too crazy about how the Makai sits on them. I think I will make some changes. It had a crownline 240ex on it prior.

IMG_20210329_171242216.jpg
    IMG_20210328_171115573.jpg
    IMG_20210328_184351960.jpg