Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mgswake View Post
    @MJHsupra

Since you are there in Tennessee, have you reached out to Drew or Skiers's to see if they would help sponsor? It would be cool to get e really big Moomb/Supra event in the area with the factory and Tennessee is beautiful from what I have seen of it. Seems like it would be great marketing. It would be cool if Skier's wanted in, they could basically choose their level of involvement. I've never organized one of these, do you have to get an LLC or liability insurance? Or, is it more informal?
    I'm pretty sure the local dealer talked to them about the upcoming Norris event in Aug 2022, not sure what they have planned for that event yet. I was talking to Zach from the local dealer last week, he did not have any updates or new info.

I think from a timing perspective it would work to bring any new Supra or Moomba models for 2023. Years ago Drew would bring a boat or two when the Cincy dealer had a demo-day event on Norris at the end of the summer. Those were fun.

Years ago at the boat show I recall speaking to Drew about public events. No interest in organizing events - assumed it was liability.

These are informal events. Mainly three groups: TX (no 2022 event), TN (Aug 20th @ Norris), and WI (July 16th in Fremont) has them. Just a group of dudes organizing a weekend.

TX did an awesome job and usually had a good amount of raffle prizes. Those organizers could tell you if they spoke to SC. I recall viewing pics of the new MAX when that boat first came out.

Years ago a bunch of guys with older Supras had events around Chattanooga TN. Then we had an event at Dale Hollow before all the COVID stuff. They were a good time, but people organizing them did not want to spend the time doing it anymore.

For me, the cool part about these events was meeting the people that I talk to online from different lakes/areas.
    Last edited by MJHSupra; 05-25-2022 at 10:02 AM.
    2018 Supra SL400

I'm trying to get to Norris this year if budget allows.

I still owe KnoxMojo a pull and a drink for having to bail. Had my whole in-law side of the family with me and couldn't break away.
    This Aug. 20th date sounds like a great time.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by mgswake View Post
    @MJHsupra

Since you are there in Tennessee, have you reached out to Drew or Skiers's to see if they would help sponsor? It would be cool to get e really big Moomb/Supra event in the area with the factory and Tennessee is beautiful from what I have seen of it. Seems like it would be great marketing. It would be cool if Skier's wanted in, they could basically choose their level of involvement. I've never organized one of these, do you have to get an LLC or liability insurance? Or, is it more informal?
    so Skiers Choice has helped us out in the past, usually with a small monetary donation that we would put towards subsidizing our custom made t-shirts every year. One year they sent a rep down with a demo SA, that was pretty cool.

We do not take out insurance, this is a come at your own risk event. We are not hosting any competitions or anything so I don't think there is much liability on us if at all. Just like meeting up with a group of friends.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    I'm trying to get to Norris this year if budget allows.
    I still owe KnoxMojo a pull and a drink for having to bail. Had my whole in-law side of the family with me and couldn't break away.
    This Aug. 20th date sounds like a great time.
    I know there will be a bunch of us Knoxville peeps there and Norris gets many boaters from KY and OH. It should be a good turn-out.
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    I know there will be a bunch of us Knoxville peeps there and Norris gets many boaters from KY and OH. It should be a good turn-out.
    Man I cant wait for the Norris meetup! We have a cabin along with some friends n but honestly I havent heard a peep about it since Zach announced it. Should have asked when I was in there the other day.
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags
    Heatercraft triple heater

What side of the lake is this event?
    Closest marine?

We like to stay on the Clinch River side and that could be a long trip to get to the hangout spot.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    What side of the lake is this event?
    Closest marine?

We like to stay on the Clinch River side and that could be a long trip to get to the hangout spot.
    Close to Stardust called Boy Scout Cove. I will post a map.
    2018 Supra SL400

On my honor, I will do my best, to do my duty, to make it to Boy Scout Cove on August 22! Just too easy! Couldn't resist!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    On my honor, I will do my best, to do my duty, to make it to Boy Scout Cove on August 22! Just too easy! Couldn't resist!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    Awesome. Ha ha. Been there, done that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Thumbs up super super

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    Dates released, grab a room while you can

Sent from my Note 9 using Tapatalk
    genial la imagen del evento