Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    LOL. I said those same things when 43..lol
    You said your neighbors are still wakeboarding in retirement, they're over 60, so that's cool....I also keep myself in great shape and stretch a lot, because I absolutely love riding.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

My knees, my back, my neck, shoulders....that’s a no-go on Wakeboarding anymore..Surfing is the only way to go
    2021 Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I wrote this on the Moomba/Supra Facebook group, but I thought I'd post it here too.
    you can get really peeling across the water.
    What's the link? Can't find it.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

You guys wanna know the key? Don’t have bad wrecks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm 40 and still love to wakeboard. I finally broke down and bought a couple of surfboards last year and will give it a go once the water turns to crap, but it is not the same. Even my pops at 66 still loves to wakeboard.
    I did take a good slam toward the end of last year, but got back out the next weekend and was a little timid the first run.
    2006 Supra Launch 21V

I couldn't agree more! I wakeboarded competitively in the early 2000's and slowly let it slip away. We started surfing a lot in the 2010 era. When I bought the Moomba in '18 (my first new - or even newer than 20 years old - boat) at 33 I vouched to do it justice and started focusing on wakeboarding again. The newer tech in the boat helps. my friends still think I'm crazy and I'm one of 3 people who have ever been on a rope longer than 15' behind my boat.

Wakeboarding has been my motivation to get in shape over the last few years, changing my lifestyle (well not completely, lol) and dropping 40lbs (and counting). I'm up early on lake weekends for that butter and drink less through the afternoon hoping to get that sunset shred on. I won't be so dramatic to say wakeboarding saved my life or anything, but it sure has made it better!
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Even if you don't want to jump, it's still fun to play around on the wake and pretend it's a little quarter pipe with re-entries. You can get way more aggressive with your turns and slash the wake so much harder then you can on a surfboard. You can ride doubles with a partner and have a game of "WAKE". You can also whip out on turns and do some surface/butter tricks. You can find junk near the shore to ollie over. There's a lot you can do on a wakeboard that you just can't really do on a surfboard. Just because you don't want to chuck mobes and 9s doesn't mean you shouldn't go for a rip.
    ^^^^ This 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Bch53211 View Post
    I also don’t like to be strapped into the board with the bindings, more potential for injury. Wakeboarding is cool but more of a younger mans game to me.
    How old are you? I'll be 49 in July and I never got to the stage of doing any kinda inverts, but when the water delivers, there's no possible way that surfing can compare. I mean, yeah, we've surfed when the water was still glass, but it doesn't change surfing much at all. But even just going straight on a wakeboard and sliding the smooth buttery water takes me to a special place.

And even a little bit of air is amazing... that feeling of flying is something that surf will never give me. (though since this pic I wear a helmet and a knee brace for protection).

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

We're new to surfing (last year) and only getting into it because it's the only thing you can do on Sunday afternoon's chop (on or new to us small lake), but this 41 year old and two teenagers will be be doing a whole lot of wakebording and skiing in the mornings. You are right, nothing beats the thrill and speed, but there's also something about spending an afternoon on the boat with a bunch of pips cheering and laughing at kids falling in the water at 10 mph. Plus when you have guests everyone is willing to give it a shot = more laughs.
    2022 MB F22 Alpha
    2021 Mondo (sold)
    2020 Grand Island Fish
    2017 Sea-Doo Spark

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    You guys wanna know the key? Don’t have bad wrecks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is the answer - don’t need insurance either just don’t get sick or have a crash

Too funny. Us waterskiers said the same thing of wakeboarders. Things change.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD