Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I just wouldn’t kick it out of bed over a repair if done right and some hull scratches that would buff out. It has the 440. The yellow one is 90k with a 400.

I think it’s cool the OP shared the findings. Someone should tell a friend and go in with a strong offer and they might have themselves a solid boat.

Now if there is more on the report that wasn’t shared then everything changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    guessing this is the boat you pass on:
    https://www.onlyinboards.com/2016-Su...ia-119373.aspx

congrats on the new max order. once you pick her up, post pics....
    Yep that's the one.

I never went in person, it's 11 hours one way for me. Almost didn't get a survey, best $500 ever.

The boat went into limp mode on the first sea trial. No codes. That riser was 460 degrees, it burned the finish off, other side was 160'ish. Mechanic looked at the boat for an hour, couldn't find anything. Went back out, 450 degrees. Dealer said it was a one time thing and even went as far as telling me his mechanic rested his hand on the pipe. It was at this point I told the GM you've broken any limited trust I had in you.

One side of the electrical panel didn't work, one speaker was shot, sub was not anchored down.

Oil was overfilled and the air filter was excessively dirty.

Upholstery had separation, base of the tower is corroded and eating away the paint, alternator cover was also corroded. All hinges were loose or missing hardware.

Wheel bearing on the trailer was shot.

There's more but you get the point. Even at $80k, I wasn't comfortable.
    Last edited by shaggymatt; 03-10-2021 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Looks like either a hot spot or crack repair?

Didn’t that early raptors have cat failures?

Bingo. 460 degrees hot spot.

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    there's a yellow one on there for a few $k more that is half the hours, owner purchase and garage kept. I'd pass on that one the OP posted up. that's a ton of money for a lot of hours and fair condition. WAY too many choices in that price range to settle for something that could be questionable.
    I worked with him, he's close to me. Wouldn't budge a dollar. I was sour after the first debacle so just went new.

Quote Originally Posted by russellsmojo View Post
    I just wouldn’t kick it out of bed over a repair if done right and some hull scratches that would buff out. It has the 440. The yellow one is 90k with a 400.

I think it’s cool the OP shared the findings. Someone should tell a friend and go in with a strong offer and they might have themselves a solid boat.

Now if there is more on the report that wasn’t shared then everything changes.

Some of the scratches were down to glass.

Quote Originally Posted by shaggymatt View Post
    Yep that's the one.

I never went in person, it's 11 hours one way for me. Almost didn't get a survey, best $500 ever.

The boat went into limp mode on the first sea trial. No codes. That riser was 460 degrees, it burned the finish off, other side was 160'ish. Mechanic looked at the boat for an hour, couldn't find anything. Went back out, 450 degrees. Dealer said it was a one time thing and even went as far as telling me his mechanic rested his hand on the pipe. It was at this point I told the GM you've broken any limited trust I had in you.

One side of the electrical panel didn't work, one speaker was shot, sub was not anchored down.

Oil was overfilled and the air filter was excessively dirty.

Upholstery had separation, base of the tower is corroded and eating away the paint, alternator cover was also corroded. All hinges were loose or missing hardware.

Wheel bearing on the trailer was shot.

There's more but you get the point. Even at $80k, I wasn't comfortable.
    I agree not “pristine”! Ha! And I agree with best $500 ever spent. Thanks for sharing for any potential buyers. Congrats on new max!

2017 Supra SA

Good for you. I bought my 2007 with known issues and used that to negotiate price with the seller b/c I knew the repair cost and I could get the work done quickly. It was a good deal for both of us.

Dang - "Wouldn't budge a dollar" with that laundry list of items? F-that. I assume the mindset from the seller is this COVID marketplace with low inventory of boats, someone (not you) will come along and buy it.

Congrats on the new MAX.
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post

Dang - "Wouldn't budge a dollar" with that laundry list of items? F-that. I assume the mindset from the seller is this COVID marketplace with low inventory of boats, someone (not you) will come along and buy it.

Congrats on the new MAX.
    The yellow one is the boat where the seller wouldn't move on the price. I have no doubts that one is a nice boat.

The red/white one was the one with all the issues, that was consigned through the dealership. Their impression was that I was already $6k off of asking price and that the seller wouldn't make any additional concessions. When I started asking for items to be fixed and the dealer had an excuse for everything is when I walked away. I hired an independent certified surveyor for a reason, so that I didn't hear the partial sales pitch. It was a used boat, so I can accept some bruises, but the boat still had a few months of warranty, they should have had those issues resolved.

Got it. Thanks

2018 Supra SL400

That boat has been for sale for a long time. I believe the owner was trying to sell for a while too before they ended up trading in. There's a reason so many people have passed it up. I also was thinking about it but you can see several condition issues in the photos. I ended up going with a 2021 MAX instead.
    Current Boat: 2021 Moomba MAX, 400 Raptor, G6 Ballast

Prior Boats:
    2015 Nautique G21
    2012 Mastercraft X45
    2010 Mastercraft X14V
    2005 Sea Ray 220SEL
    1986 Mastercraft 190