Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by yearround View Post
    This is a great reassurance on paper. I am still waiting for boatmate to clear up my costs for the hub failure on my trailer when it was 6 months old. It was very difficult to get any service to help when i had no cell service at the location of the hub failure, i was still 400 miles from home, and it was late sunday afternoon, the closest town (Moab UT) was 25 miles away, none of the local tow service would even consider pulling the boat op on their truck deck, pull the trailer to town on 3 wheels,

oh yes, get a small wood block (4x4x4) to block the failed axle up so you can 3 wheel in.

have a great trip! i vote for adventure free.
    I can vouch for Boat Mate's 3rd party roadside service being useless in a similar scenario. So was my State Farm roadside. After a couple of hours of both of them trying to get me help, I called and had someone there in 20 minutes. It was a $250 tow for 60 miles to my house. Called my State Farm guy on Monday morning and he said, "I wish I had a way to tell all of my customers to just skip the 1-800 number and do it yourself" then he cut me a check for the tow on the spot.
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

Quote Originally Posted by korey View Post
    https://www.boatmateparts.com/produc...s.php?itmId=59

Fulton makes one as well, but I like this one better, it connects to 4 holes on the trailer instead of just the center pivot stud on the fulton brand adapter. The nuts were a significant pain in the but to tighten, but it's done now with the better part of one season of service.
    Thanks for sharing. I tried to get this done when we took delivery of the boat back in 2019 but this wasn't available then.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Trailer-Aid Tandem Tire Changing Ramp, The Fast and Easy Way To Change A Trailer's Flat Tire, Holds up to 15,000 lbs, 4.5 Inch Lift (Yellow) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000I4JPZE...DAHBJH18K73DAC
    I'm cheap so I made one out of two 4x4's and a piece of plywood on top. Works great in the driveway. Never needed it yet on the road. Also, wont work for leaf spring axles.

Not sure the color of the boat you are picking up or how meticulous you are about the finish but a set of Rock Tamers might not be a bad move for the trip and when trailering any where. I use mine all the time.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

1/2 Socket set and if it's a long trip I bring my cordless impact gun

Small sledge hammer like others mentioned to beat back a fender or loosen a stuck rim.

2 by scraps wood for shimming under jack and other misc used

Jumper pack with light and compressor

Tarp, towel, jump suit

If you run aftermarket tires make sure you have the correct lug nuts for the spare.
    I ran into this 2 weeks ago in a snow storm. I put on the spare and the nuts wouldn't tighten up on the spare. I was fortunate that I had left the oem security nuts in the gloves with the key.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

If you're really planning for any kinda mishap, some big ass zipties and the right sockets to remove a brake caliper (and a piece of wood to put between the pads). I've had a caliper freeze up and just removed it leaving it connected to the brake lines and zip tied it to the frame. A set of hub seals and bearings and grease could be something as some have had hub failures, but that would be a Pain to change on the side of the road (ask Russ).
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

A three-year-old trailer should not have a problem. Just check the tires and the oil level in your trailer to make sure everything is ok.

I am sure your trip is already done but for those who will make similar trips, a 1/2" battery impact is lug nut socket is great to have. I made an "easy jack" from 3 pieces of 2x8 lumber screwed together in a stair stepping arrangement. Similar to what was linked on amazon but cheaper since I had the scrap wood lying around. I don't make long drives without a trailing arm hub assembly in the truck. my 17 trailer has had 3 different hubs go bad a total of like 6 times in the last year and boat mate has not taken care of any of them. They never respond to my emails. I also bring a 1/2 torqur wrench to make sure the lugs are tightened properly.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Apologies for reviving this thread, but I wanted to add that traveling in a trailer sure has its charms and conveniences, but I have to admit that I lean towards a different preference when it comes to long distances. Personally, I enjoy traveling with more comfort and speed, without the hassle of driving or worrying about spare parts and other details along the way. That's why I often opt for train trips. In fact, I recently booked tickets at dbfahrplan.com for a trip to Europe, and I'm genuinely excited about this upcoming adventure. There's something delightful about sitting back, relaxing, and letting the train take me to my destination.

I've now added a 2nd spare wheel to my trailer.

+1 on the wood idea rather than bothering with a jack.

Extra bearings, grease gun and grease. Extra cap for hub. I finally ditched the vault and I'm retrofitted to bearing buddies. Vaults can suck it.

Air compressor. 1/2" cordless impact. A telescoping lug wrench lives in my boat since the trailer is rarely moving without the boat.

Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com