Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Long trip; what trailer parts do you have on hand?

I’m picking up my new to me Max in may and driving it 900 miles home. Curious what you all bring on longer trips as far as trailer parts. The boat and trailer are 3 years old so shouldn’t be too beat up. I believe the old owner kept the boat on a lift in the summer and only used the trailer for storage in the winter. Any input would be much appreciated. As most, I don’t want to get stranded hours from home with trailer issues.

-large
    2018 Max

For me, as long as tires are good and a spare is present i'd go as is.

Sure others will have a laundry list of things but i've done 1800 miles a couple of times with older trailers and as long as tires are good i'm good.

Post up pics of the new whip
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

A 3 year old trailer should not have a problem as long as tires look good. I'd be more interested in what truck you are using to tow that rig and where to, high mountains with steep grade?
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

I carry a harbor freight aluminum floor jack and a breaker bar with sockets sized for my truck and trailer lugs all summer to make the inevitable tire change a little easier. You wont have any problems with anything else mechanical on a newish trailer.
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

make sure you check that the tires have the correct air pressure in them.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Quote Originally Posted by korey View Post
    I carry a harbor freight aluminum floor jack and a breaker bar with sockets sized for my truck and trailer lugs all summer to make the inevitable tire change a little easier. You wont have any problems with anything else mechanical on a newish trailer.
    Good info above. In addition to that I always carry with the trailer;
    * an old towel (in case I have to lay on the ground)
    * a couple of flares
    * flashlight
    * and a cell phone charger...to call AAA!

Well, I should say "you won't have problems with anything else THAT YOU CAN HANDLE ROADSIDE"...
    I had a bearing fail on my '18 trailer last Father's day... Call the tow truck!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

Quote Originally Posted by Branden967 View Post
    Good info above. In addition to that I always carry with the trailer;
    * an old towel (in case I have to lay on the ground)
    * a couple of flares
    * flashlight
    * and a cell phone charger...to call AAA!
    All great suggestions!

Regarding the air pressure- bring along a tire pressure gauge and check pressure. Depending on your truck (if you have a 120v outlet), you could bring a small compressor. Or of course stop by a gas station to fill the tires if needed.

Otherwise best of luck!
    2021 Moomba Max

Well, I should say "you won't have problems with anything else THAT YOU CAN HANDLE ROADSIDE"...
    I had a bearing fail on my '18 trailer last Father's day... Call the tow truck!

Huh, ok, how'd they get the boat up there? There is no front tire on the trailer to winch it up. And when the bed is raised at an angle, as you pull the boat up, wouldn't the rear trailer steel rollers hit the ground?, the angle would be pretty steep. I need splaining please.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by Isaguel View Post
    Huh, ok, how'd they get the boat up there? There is no front tire on the trailer to winch it up. And when the bed is raised at an angle, as you pull the boat up, wouldn't the rear trailer steel rollers hit the ground?, the angle would be pretty steep. I need splaining please.
    It was a horrible, cringy experience to watch them drag it up there. They use some plastic sliders under the tongue and rear of the trailer to keep metal from dragging and drag it on up there. At one point of the process, both axles are pretty much off of the ground. I never want to see that again.

Last edited by korey; 03-10-2021 at 07:50 PM.