Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Waddle View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Thanks again for the incredible feedback!

However, within the larger family unit - 'Team Used Boat' has come out strong - and I need some ammunition to fight back. Against what I see as rational decision making, the used boat crew found a 2016 Mondo out in Central/Eastern Canada for sale.

It appears to be a well equipped boat for 2016 - but I feel the asking price is a bit steep (But as a Seller - why not shoot for the moon - my neighbour is buying a boat and he asked me the other day - 'Are there lakes around here?' - so if people like him are buying boats - its a good time to sell = bad time to buy).

So 2016 Mondo - worth pursuing? Pretty good boat? Or more of a "I wouldn't spend more than 50K for a boat like that" kind of boat.
    - 200-300 Hours, 2700ish Ballasts

I don't know - doesn't seem to make any sense to me - 2021 Mondo remodelled, can get 2021 prices...

If anyone has any advice on how to sway this battle back my way - it would be greatly appreciated - or if anyone has suggestions on how I can cope with a 2016, it might be my only saving grace

(I'm being overly dramatic about coping with a 2016 - I'm sure I would love it non the less!) - but don't tell Team Used Boat!

Thanks again.
    Well here is some potential ammo or maybe not, sometimes people cannot get past the price difference when it comes to new vs used and I can understand that I suppose.

- Do you care about warranty, I mean I am sure that boat is going for a reasonable price and you are going to be on the hook for the repairs so if your budget conscious cheaper upfront costs vs putting money into a boat with no warranty and a reasonable amount of hours and potentially inheriting someone else's problems.
    - 2700lbs ballast vs 3700lb stock
    - No Auto Wake, (auto flow is not auto wake and doesn't compare to the current system from what I can tell)
    - Old black and white screen (I am pretty sure)
    - Narrow beam boat feels noticeably smaller by comparison IMO
    - Shallower boat, throwing much more weight at it will not feel near as safe if you are trying to get to 3700lbs let alone any further above that which pretty much means you are stuck with the wave that you get when you get the boat
    - Resale in a few years is going to likely suffer a bit more than the new redesigned model due to the dramatic differences
    - You are likely paying a premium right now for a used boat that should be significantly cheaper due to normal non covid depreciation numbers vs paying for the new boat price which is less inflated IMO than the used market and then depreciation is more normal (assuming that makes sense, you are paying close to original value of the boat that is already 5 years old vs just paying for the new boat that is new essentially the seller is not eating very much of the actual depreciation)
    - You live no where near this boat so unless you buy it sight unseen you are not going to get the boat. By the time you get to view it it will likely have sold so maybe this discussion is all for not. Not seeing and ideally testing a boat is a gamble IMO without warranty
    - Per the above point you are going to spend a lot of time missing out on boats unless you have a fist full of cash in hand and show up a day or two after the boat is posted unless it is crazy priced or something is wrong with it. Go with the guaranteed and get what you want
    - No walk thru, I really like this feature and it saves the vinyl
    - I mean what options do you want, G6 ballast with shorter fill times, 7" screen, stock surf pipe, autowake3 etc. are not on that boat and will not be something you can add later you will need to buy the boat.
    - Making due now and then buying the boat you wanted later inevitably will cost you more
    - Larger, deeper more roomy bow in the 2021

Well that is all I can come up with and I mean no disrespect to the 2016 Mondo or to anyones older Mondo at all, just providing the arguments for the new. Good luck Waddle!
    2021 Moomba Mondo, 500lbs of lead, wake makers bag busters
    Raptor 400 1.76 15.5" x 15 prop, changing to 15.5" x 13.25 for summer of 2023

2018 Yamaha 212x (SOLD)

I'll try to help also.

Chuds made excellent points.

I was team used for 1 reason only....I got a larger boat for the money.
    Did I settle? Absolutely.
    Is crew commonly 10 people? Yes
    23ft vs 21ft? Yes please, need all the room?

Looking back I with I had some of the new tech. I wish the stereo didn't need re-wired, I wish I had black chrome logos. I don't regret my decision at all but will this be the last boat I own, probably not. The SA450 or RI237 look awesome!
    You already said you plan to upgrade later. With covid, buying new you won't lose much when you sell to upgrade and the new owner will be happy to buy something with warranty. However, if you buy used (sight unseen) you are buying inflated and then selling to break-even if lucky. I bought local from a guy in a tight spot or else a new Max would be in my garage.

Good luck with the Fam! And remember you are getting a new boat regardless so I don't see either way as a losing battle.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

This may sway you......
    My 2021 Mondo on delivery day with just me in the boat, stock ballast.

BTW @Waddle. Fantastic job hijacking this thread!!

2146363854_20201104_112202_3771943.jpg
    2021 Moomba Mondo

Quote Originally Posted by jcornell26 View Post
    This may sway you......

Hey jcornell26,

That looks good!

Is that just with stock settings/autowake on?
    2021 Moomba Mondo

Quote Originally Posted by Riddler View Post
    Hey jcornell26,

That looks good!

Is that just with stock settings/autowake on?
    No Autowake....All bags 100% full. Don't remember the exact tab settings and speed at the time.
    2021 Moomba Mondo

Looking forward to getting on the water to try all this out myself!
    2021 Moomba Mondo

This may sway you......

Post like this should banned until I take delivery of my boat!!! I can't wait t be out on the water. That Mondo is an amazing boat and that wave is fabulous. Enjoy it in good health!
    2016 Starcraft Limited 1918 (sold)
    2021 MB Sports B52 Alpha (coming April 2021)
    2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
    2022 F-150 SCREW PB (ordered 12/2021...still waiting)
    B-737 (Work Vehicle)

Quote Originally Posted by Guppydriver View Post
    Post like this should banned until I take delivery of my boat!!! I can't wait t be out on the water. That Mondo is an amazing boat and that wave is fabulous. Enjoy it in good health!
    HaHa.....
    Sorry brother, I am one of those FL people you Northerners hate this time of year. I earned my stripes though as I went through 21 winters growing up in MN.
    2021 Moomba Mondo

HaHa.....
    Sorry brother, I am one of those FL people you Northerners hate this time of year. I earned my stripes though as I went through 21 winters growing up in MN.
    I did 18 and they were 17 too many! Now in NC with much milder weather although not Florida like.

Good for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by eder10986 View Post
    I did 18 and they were 17 too many! Now in NC with much milder weather although not Florida like.
    man, I only made it 4 years in green bay and moved to the desert.... 80+ days of temps never soaring above -10 one winter and I was done....
    now it's 100+ days over 100
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten