Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Riddler View Post
    Thanks!

I am really pleased with how it turned out.
    You should be it looks great, though have to admit i was disappointed that last pic was all wrapped up!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy2slow View Post
    It’s crazy, I know. I got a promotional email from them today about buying 2022 boats at 2021 prices!
    This is what I was thinking, what's the chance of getting one now? Relegated to 2022 already?!

Anyone know what, if any, might get updated in 22?

good lookin boat.. congrats and enjoy... mondo's are a wakeboarding machine....
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

The picture of the boat all wrapped up was what the dealer sent me when it landed Thursday.

They cleaned it up a bit and we went down to check it out on Saturday.
    2021 Moomba Mondo

Hey, the dealer is recommending Diamond Kote for the interior and exterior ($1,899), extended warranty ($2,999), and a GPS tracker in the event it is stolen ($699).

Is any of this worth it?
    2021 Moomba Mondo

Hey, the dealer is recommending Diamond Kote for the interior and exterior ($1,899), extended warranty ($2,999), and a GPS tracker in the event it is stolen ($699).

Is any of this worth it?
    Not familiar with diamond kote, but unless they are fully polishing your new boat prior to application I would pass. New gelcoat from
    SC comes with lots of scratches from releasing the molds and manufacturing and handling.

You shouldn’t need an extended warranty with a 5 year SC factory warranty and you should get the 7 year Indmar powertrain warranty.

Lastly, if someone steals my boat, my insurance pays for new replacement so I don’t want a stolen boat back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Thanks,

They did say they needed to clean and polish the boat prior to delivery. I just wasn't sure if most people get some sort of gelcoat and vinyl protectant applied. We don't get the same extreme sun conditions here, and the boat will be stored inside when not in use.

I am typically not an "add-on's" guy.

I agree with you on the stolen boat!!!
    2021 Moomba Mondo

Is any of this worth it?
    The dealer is recommending this because the dealer's wallet gets fatter by about $1000 for the Diamond Kote, $1500 for the extended warranty, and $500 for the GPS tracker.

The only way I would even consider an exterior gel/interior plan is if I stored my boat outdoors in the elements and I was offered it a hundred or so over cost.
    2016 Starcraft Limited 1918 (sold)
    2021 MB Sports B52 Alpha (coming April 2021)
    2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
    2022 F-150 SCREW PB (ordered 12/2021...still waiting)
    B-737 (Work Vehicle)

I appreciate the dealer has a financial interest in selling these add-on's.

I am given to understand Diamond Kote is a ceramic coating.

It has been a few years since I owned a new boat and prices have increased substantially in that time.

Just trying to get a feel for what people are doing, and their experience in protecting these assets...
    2021 Moomba Mondo

I did the "Diamond Kote" on mine but for my dealer it was called "Platinum Protection". It is probably a very similar product. I didn't pay a dime for it as I negotiated it with the boat after I was given and was happy with the price. I don't have anything to compare it against but I can say that everything cleans up really easily with all of my Hula products.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

I appreciate the dealer has a financial interest in selling these add-on's.

I am given to understand Diamond Kote is a ceramic coating.

It has been a few years since I owned a new boat and prices have increased substantially in that time.

Just trying to get a feel for what people are doing, and their experience in protecting these assets...
    Didn't mean to come across obtuse or condescending....

Peace of mind has value too.... seriously. If knowing you are layer protected mitigates anxiety and stress and allows you to have a more pleasant owner experience, then who cares what the perceived value is to others.

Like @TXsurf4 says though, I would anticipate that there is tremendous margin and room to negotiate with these products. The platinum protection is big in Utah with Centurion and Bu/Axis dealers, and there are some things I like about it. I believe it covers all rips or tears in the interior no questions asked. If you spent 10 seconds with my kids, you would understand why I also would consider it.

I like using these items as a way to close a deal pre agreement like @TXsurf4 , although let's be honest, nobody doesn't pay a dime for it...it's coming from somewhere.
    2016 Starcraft Limited 1918 (sold)
    2021 MB Sports B52 Alpha (coming April 2021)
    2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
    2022 F-150 SCREW PB (ordered 12/2021...still waiting)
    B-737 (Work Vehicle)