Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Riddler View Post
    I agree with the whole new vs used logic 100%.

Another thought is that ordering now, you still get 2021 pricing, as there will likely be an increase for 2022.

Also, the exchange rate is 10% better than when I did my deal.
    I don't know if you guys saw the letter that Malibu sent out to it's dealers. It primarily addressed the issue of delayed production due to material shortages (resin and computer components primarily.)

Of particular interest is the anticipation of price increases coming for MY2022... (see pic)

Clearly, I would anticipate the same industry wide. The increasing of the corp tax rate could also exacerbate the issue. Interesting times, I don't feel as scared as I once was about losing my shorts if I were forced to sell my MY2021 due to unforeseen issues.

malibu2.jpg

I can't figure out how to get the pic at better res...

Anyway it says .."We have begun our supply pricing exercises for MY2022. It is very early, but clear we are looking at cost increases unlike we have seen in the last decade plus"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Guppydriver; 04-07-2021 at 02:22 PM.
    2016 Starcraft Limited 1918 (sold)
    2021 MB Sports B52 Alpha (coming April 2021)
    2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
    2022 F-150 SCREW PB (ordered 12/2021...still waiting)
    B-737 (Work Vehicle)

Sorry to see this hitting the boat market, but it’s fast hitting automotive.

I have a 2021 F150 ordered and it hasn’t budged in the order process in 4 weeks.

Ford has isolated production to Trucks only and they had to shut down one of the 2 F150 plants.

I am fully expecting I will be waiting for 20+ weeks and likely get pushed into a 2022 model year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    I go home at 10pm each night and pass the henderson auto mall(largest concentration of car lots in vegas). ford/chevy/gm/caddy/kia dealers are the ones I pass as the other ones are on a side street. the chevy/ford/gm lots are almost devoid of trucks and really cars as well. the kia lot is packed full and interestingly over the last 3 years on the kia lot cars have been primarily displayed on gibson- the main road they sit on. a few nights ago they rearranged the entire lot and used trucks are sitting on the front row now.
    I think you could almost hold an autocross on henderson chevy's lot right now.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Yep dealer inventory will be near empty soon, shortages will last through summer

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I have a 2021 F150 ordered and it hasn’t budged in the order process in 4 weeks.

Ford has isolated production to Trucks only and they had to shut down one of the 2 F150 plants.

I am fully expecting I will be waiting for 20+ weeks and likely get pushed into a 2022 model year.

My brother ordered an Expedition in November. The factory cancelled the order last month. He was able to get the dealer to restore it with one of their allocation units for order and delivery I think next month, but it was frustrating. My brother-in-law ordered an F-150 last January and supposedly it will be delivered at the end of the month, but I am not holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Zog View Post
    My brother ordered an Expedition in November. The factory cancelled the order last month. He was able to get the dealer to restore it with one of their allocation units for order and delivery I think next month, but it was frustrating. My brother-in-law ordered an F-150 last January and supposedly it will be delivered at the end of the month, but I am not holding my breath.
    Many f150 orders have been long in the tooth, especially with certain options like max tow package etc.

I knew this going in, but as long as I have a truck on order, I can extend my current lease month by month no problem.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Yep dealer inventory will be near empty soon, shortages will last through summer
    man. sure is tempting to dump our 2020 boat for a few $$ and sell the truck right along with it. I think I could sell our '16 silverado for more than I paid for it in '17.
    take the cash and park for a year or 2 and see what happens. lakes r going to be a mess anyway

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    man. sure is tempting to dump our 2020 boat for a few $$ and sell the truck right along with it. I think I could sell our '16 silverado for more than I paid for it in '17.
    take the cash and park for a year or 2 and see what happens. lakes r going to be a mess anyway
    STRONGLY considering this too. I bought my boat last September for $90k. I was at the local dealer last Saturday who told me I should list it for $115k at the beginning of May. It would just be crazy to make money on a boat sell.

Quote Originally Posted by UNSTUCK View Post
    STRONGLY considering this too. I bought my boat last September for $90k.
    I hear ya. we're in our 2020 r23 at 82k new(sans tax) and think I could peddle right now for 95. not crazy money but profit nonetheless.

And here I feel lucky to have got what I paid for my 18 and got a good discount on my 21

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan