Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Guppydriver View Post
    Didn't mean to come across obtuse or condescending....

Peace of mind has value too.... seriously. If knowing you are layer protected mitigates anxiety and stress and allows you to have a more pleasant owner experience, then who cares what the perceived value is to others.

Like @TXsurf4 says though, I would anticipate that there is tremendous margin and room to negotiate with these products. The platinum protection is big in Utah with Centurion and Bu/Axis dealers, and there are some things I like about it. I believe it covers all rips or tears in the interior no questions asked. If you spent 10 seconds with my kids, you would understand why I also would consider it.

I like using these items as a way to close a deal pre agreement like @TXsurf4 , although let's be honest, nobody doesn't pay a dime for it...it's coming from somewhere.
    Completely agreed! The kids are the main reason I got it and you are correct about rips, tears and burns on the interior.

Ya I just used it to close the deal. Went back and forth on price and extras got the deal that we were happy with and I called and told them we would come sing on the deal and put our deposit down for the build slot that day if the threw the Platinum Protection in for $0 and that was it. I am sure they made plenty of margin on the deal and them throwing it in and just losing their cost on it is minimal.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    Completely agreed! The kids are the main reason I got it and you are correct about rips, tears and burns on the interior.

Ya I just used it to close the deal. Went back and forth on price and extras got the deal that we were happy with and I called and told them we would come sing on the deal and put our deposit down for the build slot that day if the threw the Platinum Protection in for $0 and that was it. I am sure they made plenty of margin on the deal and them throwing it in and just losing their cost on it is minimal.

That’s how it’s done! Coffee is for closers!
    2016 Starcraft Limited 1918 (sold)
    2021 MB Sports B52 Alpha (coming April 2021)
    2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
    2022 F-150 SCREW PB (ordered 12/2021...still waiting)
    B-737 (Work Vehicle)

We bought our Mondo from the same dealer (I will post some pics) but their store in Calgary and had the same choices to make. We chose no on the GPS for tow reasons, one the discount on my insurance was not big enough to justify the ROI from a pure insurance price reduction which leads to number 2 reason like previously said not really sure we want our boat back after it is stolen (I want my boat but not after it has been stolen to be clear) and really it doesn't prevent it from being stolen. As for diamond coat we chose to pass as it isn't really the same as ceramic coating from my experience as I have spent the money on it for two RV's, it is just a UV and fading protector which shouldn't cost that much IMO. Also the warranty on the rips, burns and tears is not really that great, not bad mind you but not likely what you would expect and the clauses to deny like dyes which is probably the most likely such as denim bleeding on the vinyl. All that being said it is a personal choice and I have justified it in the past on RV's so I get buying it and we really thought hard about it but decided no this time. Here is the list of included and excluded from their website:

Covered:

The interior fabric, leather or vinyl on the seating surfaces if they become ripped, torn or burned accidentally. Repair all covered vehicle seat materials to a maximum of $300 per occurrence.
    Burns not caused by fire are burns that are caused by a heat source that does not have an open flame. An example of a burn not caused by fire is a cigarette, an iron, hair curlers, space heater, etc. What is NOT covered would be examples like a lighter, a candle, a house fire.

Not Covered:

Interior headliners, fabric floor mats, trunk liners, carpet, or any other leather/fabric/or vinyl upholstered surface.
    Damage caused by acids, dyes, bleaches or corrosives.
    Damage caused by fire, smoke, flood or other natural disaster, theft or vandalism.
    Burns caused by a heat source that does not have an open flame is covered up to $300.00 (I.E cigarette, iron, hair curlers, space heater, etc). Burns that are the result of open fire source (a lighter, a candle, a house fire) directly or indirectly are not covered and should be handled through primary insurance provider.
    2021 Moomba Mondo, 500lbs of lead, wake makers bag busters
    Raptor 400 1.76 15.5" x 15 prop, changing to 15.5" x 13.25 for summer of 2023

2018 Yamaha 212x (SOLD)

Oh and congrats Riddler that is a nice looking boat and good looking trailer! Very jealous!

2018 Yamaha 212x (SOLD)

Here is our boat, can't wait for the summer! Oh and one of the tower speakers came with a seized bolt so they have another on order. A few things I noticed that were not clear on the website, dual fuel fills, phone chargers two usb on one cubby and 12v in the other in the main areas drink/phone/speaker cubbies which is really nice as I am not thinking the dash ones are going to be ideal on a bright sunny day unless you cover with a hat or something. Bow storage locker was larger than I expected. Seriously can't wait for summer!

20210122_170110.jpg

20210122_170149.jpg

20210122_165956.jpg

2018 Yamaha 212x (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by Chuds View Post
    Repair all covered vehicle seat materials to a maximum of $300 per occurrence.
    one skin on one side of a sundeck will be more than that after buying and installing. if there's a deductible that would be a VERY tough sell.

I guess the one positive to it: if you are doing your laundry/ironing or the other half is doing up her hair on the boat you're covered
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Nice looking boat as well.

Ya, it was tough not being able to see a Mondo before committing and ordering.

We will be towing our boat everywhere, and likely into BC as well, so I chose to err on the side of too much trailer...

I am really pleased with it. The quality of materials, fit and finish are great for an "entry level" boat.

We also can't wait for summer.
    2021 Moomba Mondo

Thank you!

It really was but we had looked at the old gen Mondo and almost bought one last year so we figured it would not be any worse than the old model which we almost bought so fingers crossed and were really happily surprised when it showed up.

That is a great call, we are not planning on towing very far so hopefully I don't regret the single axel but I don't think there is such a think as too much trailer and I really like the light graphite color.

Man this boat is so much nicer quality wise than my previous boat it is not even funny and I am with you it definitely feel great for an "entry level" boat.

Hopefully we will be posting pictures of the wave soon enough, it is great to have another Mondo owner and someone to discuss settings etc. with not to mention another Albertan.

2018 Yamaha 212x (SOLD)

I wasn't really sure about the light graphite, but it turned out well.

In terms of too much trailer, I went with the electric over hydraulic brakes as well. BC requires them over 6000#'s, and in the end it is just safer.

IMO it just looks cooler too...

Where will you be at primarily - Chestermere?
    2021 Moomba Mondo

Oh for sure it will make towing in BC way nicer and safer, and easier heading down hills. Having it look good too is a nice bonus

We are lucky enough to have a cabin in BC so it will live out there with 3 options within 20 minutes or less but will spend a lot of time on Koocanusa but Martin does their handover at Chestermere so we will spend 1 day there but it is a zoo in the summer and costly having to pay to launch. I will probably bring it home for a family gathering at Newell in the summer but maybe I can get the location changed lol

How about you, do you have a lake you frequent? I would probably tow the boat back and forth more if I had as many options as close to the city as you do up North.

2018 Yamaha 212x (SOLD)