Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Where is the BC cabin? I live on a lake near Prince George. I grew up on Shuswap lake near Salmon Arm. The area fills up with Calgarians in the summer to point that the locals wonder if they turned lights out on the city because they’re all there! ��
    2020 Moomba Mojo
    2008 Mastercraft Prostar 197 40th Anniversary
    Owner Ness Lake Watersports
    Wakemakers “Exact Fit” Bags + Lead = 4,700 ballast
    Audio by Wetsounds, MTX, JL Audio, Clarion
    15 X 13.00 ACME prop

We arranged a seasonal site at Wizard Lake for this summer as we weren't sure what things would look like COVIDwise.

We have friends and family with places at Sylvan, and Wabamun, and then several friends with places in Kelowna and Penticton.
    2021 Moomba Mondo

You will have no shortage of invites with a brand new wake boat in tow. A work of advice, if you are planning to stay at a friends cabin that you haven’t visited before ask lots of questions about the dock/mooring arrangements. Before we purchased our lake home we did the same as you, visiting and staying with friends/relatives. Many times we were told that the dock was great only to find a tiny waterlogged raft barely suitable to tie a kayak too. Another had a decent dock but a large Boulder was lurking a few feet below the surface that claimed my prop. Most people have 18’ run-a-bouts and don’t realize how big our boats actually are.

Sounds like you have a lot of traveling planned. There are about a million threads on here about towing so I hope this doesn’t derail this one down that rabbit hole but what do you have as a tow vehicle? I have a 2020 Mojo and with no lead, my 2013 F150 with the EB pulls like a champ!
    2020 Moomba Mojo
    2008 Mastercraft Prostar 197 40th Anniversary
    Owner Ness Lake Watersports
    Wakemakers “Exact Fit” Bags + Lead = 4,700 ballast
    Audio by Wetsounds, MTX, JL Audio, Clarion
    15 X 13.00 ACME prop

I have 2016 Yukon Denali, but I am looking at getting something new, maybe a new Duramax
    2021 Moomba Mondo

Hahahaha yeah Calgary does take over the Shuswap in the summer. We are between Fernie and Cranbrook so similar in Calgary take over in the summer but thankfully there are a few options to boat on and Koocanusa is a good size gets busy but not insane, definitely not like Windermere/Invermere.
    2021 Moomba Mondo, 500lbs of lead, wake makers bag busters
    Raptor 400 1.76 15.5" x 15 prop, changing to 15.5" x 13.25 for summer of 2023

2018 Yamaha 212x (SOLD)

Great idea with the seasonal site as it is looking like another crazy COVID summer so guaranteed spot will be great and I hear that Wizard is a nice lake. Trips out to Penticton and Kelowna would be a dream with that trailer especially if you get a Duramax.
    2021 Moomba Mondo, 500lbs of lead, wake makers bag busters
    Raptor 400 1.76 15.5" x 15 prop, changing to 15.5" x 13.25 for summer of 2023

2018 Yamaha 212x (SOLD)

Sharp looking boat. Congrats. Chuds, you as well. Love what they did with the mondo.
    Last edited by Oldernotwiser; 03-14-2021 at 05:47 PM.
    2023 Supra SL450 waiting for ice to melt
    2022 Supra SL450 Sold
    2021 Supra SL450 Sold
    2020 Supra SL450 Sold
    2019 Supra SL450 Sold
    2018 Supra SL550 Sold
    2017 MasterCraft X10 Sold
    2013 Supreme V232 Sold
    2003 Centurion Air Warrior Sold

Hey Chuds and Riddler,

I am brand new to the site - Alberta Guy - and potential Martin Motor Sports purchaser as well (Edmonton) - we have a build spot held for August - now just have to sign on the dotted line.

Chuds - we spend most of our time in the Fernie/Cranbrook area as well - Koocanusa might be our favourite spot.

My house and extended family members are in a heating debate over a used Moomba Monda (2016 Range) - post warranty vs. going ahead with the custom build.

One of the main issues I am coming across right now is Storage - our ideal situation would be to have the boat stored indoors, 8 Ft garage door. During my elementary research, it sounds like the A3 tower does not fold enough (102-105 inches) versus the upgraded Pro tower will sneak in.

What kind of towers do you guys have? I can't seem to find any 2021 User Manuals online to find the manufacturers specifications.

Sorry for the long message.

Happy Easter!
    Prospective 2021 Mondo Owner

Quote Originally Posted by Waddle View Post
    Hey Chuds and Riddler,

I am brand new to the site - Alberta Guy - and potential Martin Motor Sports purchaser as well (Edmonton) - we have a build spot held for August - now just have to sign on the dotted line.

Chuds - we spend most of our time in the Fernie/Cranbrook area as well - Koocanusa might be our favourite spot.

My house and extended family members are in a heating debate over a used Moomba Monda (2016 Range) - post warranty vs. going ahead with the custom build.

One of the main issues I am coming across right now is Storage - our ideal situation would be to have the boat stored indoors, 8 Ft garage door. During my elementary research, it sounds like the A3 tower does not fold enough (102-105 inches) versus the upgraded Pro tower will sneak in.

What kind of towers do you guys have? I can't seem to find any 2021 User Manuals online to find the manufacturers specifications.

Sorry for the long message.

Happy Easter!
    Hey Waddle,

Welcome!

I have the A3 tower with the appearance upgrade.

My understanding is that the A3 will not fit in an 8' door, but the Pro Tower will. That wasn't issue for me.

Martin in Edmonton have been great to deal with so far. No complaints. I dealt primarily with Josh, but ultimately ended up negotiating the final aspects of the deal with Cole, as Josh wasn't "authorized" to do anything more...

My Mondo is still there waiting to be lake tested. I know they have shown it to a few others.
    2021 Moomba Mondo

I spent a lot of time researching towers to fit out 8ft garage. called the factory and was lucky enough to speak to drew tinker. he stated that a3 won't fit under 8ft door and my perception based on his conversation was this was a true statement no matter the boat. pro tower would with a few inches to spare. this was on a 2021 kaiyen but would guess that most of the boats sans the new mojo are similar in height.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten