Default 2014 moomba mojo 2.5

Possibly have a cracked block or a freeze plug that has popped out. I’ve been told by 4 shops that I need a new engine. Anyone ever taken the transmission out and left the engine in ?

I should add that the freeze plug that I think popped out is between the trans and block. Not the plugs on either side of the engine.

Well that’s not good. It’s not bad pulling the v-drive and transmission. You have to disconnect the driveshaft. It’s the install and aligning the engine and drive to the prop shaft that can be a little bit of a bear but not bad. In my opinion if you have water leaking in that area it’s worth it to pull those out and take a look see. Freeze plugs are the weak point and they do their job unless your block was full of water and you had a very cold freeze then it can do damage. Any water in the oil?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Turbinesurgeon View Post
    Well that’s not good. It’s not bad pulling the v-drive and transmission. You have to disconnect the driveshaft. It’s the install and aligning the engine and drive to the prop shaft that can be a little bit of a bear but not bad. In my opinion if you have water leaking in that area it’s worth it to pull those out and take a look see. Freeze plugs are the weak point and they do their job unless your block was full of water and you had a very cold freeze then it can do damage. Any water in the oil?

No water in oil. I hope I’m lucky and it’s just a freeze plug.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayraypriest View Post
    No water in oil. I hope I’m lucky and it’s just a freeze plug.
    Well get wrenching because summer is right around the corner