Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Want simple Sub solution for Max

Does anybody know of a simple out of the Box combo that I can buy and install with relative ease to add a better sub to my Max? I have the amp already but what I need is a new speaker and an enclosure for the back of it. I don't need over the top crazy just substantially better than what I have if it can be done. Or should I just take the boat to a stereo shop and have them build some thing custom?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

What's in there now?
    I seem to remember a sealed box under the observer compartment?
    2020 Supra SA

Do you currently have the FA Sub under the helm? If so you can always have it professionally tuned by a shop along with the rest of your system. That made a world of difference for mine. I still have the want for a little more bass but it definitely made good use of what is there. If I end up adding anything I will either have my shop build me something or try to order the box that SC is putting in the 2021 Moombas.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Just pony up and go custom.

This WS REVO XXX in a ported enclosure is a beast!

Sent from my Note 9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    Just pony up and go custom.

This WS REVO XXX in a ported enclosure is a beast!

Every time I see your setup it makes me wish the Makai had a sort of closed helm like the Craz bc that setup is soo sweet!! I think the Craz is the only boat left with that style of helm.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Damn, I forgot the helm is totally different

Not sure how much air space could be built into an enclosure with the new style helms but something in the OB should be doable to support an SPL type sub.

I've seen several done that way with a port cut into the fiberglass of the OB so sound can get out.

I don't need over the top crazy just substantially better than what I have if it can be done.
    My first question, is the woofer and amp working as designed. 2nd, is the (entire) system properly tuned? 3rd, is the amp's output maximizing the woofer's power handling?

I realize you may not know the answers to all of these at this moment, so it more food for thought, then me actually waiting on the answers. This is how i would approach the boat before making any equipment changes.

The revo-10FA is no slouch. Show me a marine 10 with similar specs. With proper wattage and a proper tune, it makes for a solid setup. Is it going to compete with a 1000W 12" in a ported enclosure? No, but neither will a Honda Accord V's a Corvette.

Ive never measured, but by the eyeball, theres not enough room to upgrade to the 12FA. Thats about 1.5" difference in diameter. The huge hurdle I think, is getting an enclosure back there. The only way this makes sense, is if you went with a new 10" woofer in a ported enclosure, or 10" woofer in a sealed enclosure with an RMS that 2-3 times that of the revo-10FA, and then fed it that additional amp wattage. At that point, your are going down the over the top highway

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    My first question, is the woofer and amp working as designed. 2nd, is the (entire) system properly tuned? 3rd, is the amp's output maximizing the woofer's power handling?

I realize you may not know the answers to all of these at this moment, so it more food for thought, then me actually waiting on the answers. This is how i would approach the boat before making any equipment changes.

The revo-10FA is no slouch. Show me a marine 10 with similar specs. With proper wattage and a proper tune, it makes for a solid setup. Is it going to compete with a 1000W 12" in a ported enclosure? No, but neither will a Honda Accord V's a Corvette.

Ive never measured, but by the eyeball, theres not enough room to upgrade to the 12FA. Thats about 1.5" difference in diameter. The huge hurdle I think, is getting an enclosure back there. The only way this makes sense, is if you went with a new 10" woofer in a ported enclosure, or 10" woofer in a sealed enclosure with an RMS that 2-3 times that of the revo-10FA, and then fed it that additional amp wattage. At that point, your are going down the over the top highway
    So the amp and sub are the stock wetsounds amp with Stock fee air sub. I had a stereo shop install a new amp for hull speakers. We used the old amp for the sub alone. It sounded good in the shop, but all agreed it needed more. Hence now that it is preseason, I would like to address the issue.
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

Quote Originally Posted by flienlow View Post
    So the amp and sub are the stock wetsounds amp with Stock fee air sub. I had a stereo shop install a new amp for hull speakers. We used the old amp for the sub alone. It sounded good in the shop, but all agreed it needed more. Hence now that it is preseason, I would like to address the issue.
    What amp is now driving the in-boats? If you made a significant increase in the in-boats wattage (75W rms to each to ???), then you may no be outpacing the woofer thats left on the OEM amp thats delivering up to 300W rms @ 4 ohm. You could swap the OEM 6 chnl (HTX IIRC) to the Syn-DX2 for the woofer. This would have an available 750W rms x 1 @ 4 ohm. Way more then the woofer needs, but it has some tuning advantages over the bridged HTX that will help with sound quality and output.

Again, you have to make absolutely sure, the entire system is tuned correctly. From the front to the back. A small setting in the head unit can have a huge impact on the woofer's performance.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post

Again, you have to make absolutely sure, the entire system is tuned correctly. From the front to the back. A small setting in the head unit can have a huge impact on the woofer's performance.
    This , SO much this!

Flienlow, listen to MLA. He's the master audio guru and won't steer you wrong.

My banging system is in large part to his guidance.