Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    This , SO much this!

Flienlow, listen to MLA. He's the master audio guru and won't steer you wrong.

My banging system is in large part to his guidance.

Sent from my Note 9 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the advice. I am not sure what there would be left to tune? I dont think the shop left anything on the table. It has been pretty well logged here that the stock free air sub is well.. sub par, and probably should be replaced with something enclosed especially for a boat on the water.
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

The woofer is absolutely NOT sub par. Its a 10" marine woofer that I wont hesitate to drive with an honest 500W rms. Point to one that handles more. The reality is, a 10" acoustic-suspension woofer driven with your existing 300W rms, is going to move as much air i.e. boom, slam, pound, hammer, etc, as your existing 10" infinite-baffle woofer. Will they sound the same? No. A small sealed enclosure can have a little steeper low end roll off compared to a FA, thus having a narrower band width. This is where words like crisp, snappy, tight, come into the conversation. Other things that can come into play with an IB, is the cavity behind it large enough? IS the wall thick/robust enough or is it flexing? Are there any leaks around the basket flange? Any of these will impact an IB woofer.

300W rms is not bad for the woofer, but to finely tune an IB woofer, bridging across 2 chnls of a full-range amp, will not always yield the best results. The low-pass fixed subsonic filter of most fill range amps can be too low, preventing the woofer from being driven/powered hard and allowing it to bottom/top out on excursion, when driven hard.

If your boat has the Fusion head unit, ill bet a dollar to a doughnut something off.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    The woofer is absolutely NOT sub par. Its a 10" marine woofer that I wont hesitate to drive with an honest 500W rms. Point to one that handles more. The reality is, a 10" acoustic-suspension woofer driven with your existing 300W rms, is going to move as much air i.e. boom, slam, pound, hammer, etc, as your existing 10" infinite-baffle woofer. Will they sound the same? No. A small sealed enclosure can have a little steeper low end roll off compared to a FA, thus having a narrower band width. This is where words like crisp, snappy, tight, come into the conversation. Other things that can come into play with an IB, is the cavity behind it large enough? IS the wall thick/robust enough or is it flexing? Are there any leaks around the basket flange? Any of these will impact an IB woofer.

300W rms is not bad for the woofer, but to finely tune an IB woofer, bridging across 2 chnls of a full-range amp, will not always yield the best results. The low-pass fixed subsonic filter of most fill range amps can be too low, preventing the woofer from being driven/powered hard and allowing it to bottom/top out on excursion, when driven hard.

If your boat has the Fusion head unit, ill bet a dollar to a doughnut something off.
    So sounds like what we need here is more data. I will dig into the boat and figure out what is connected to what. I do have the stock Fusion Head.
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post

Do you have any tips for setting up the Fusion HU or HTX amp? I've noticed the FA sub is VERY sensitive to how much I play around with the zones and how much (or little) I add with the tower speakers. I know asking about you may setup a boat would be different than me because we would each hear or listen to different things but if you have a good, general all-around "baseline" tune to get us started that would be great.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Everyone's is a little different but here is mine...

Zone 1 inboats & sub, zone 2 is tower. For the most part I run them fairly equally.

Tone adjustments are minimal because the tuning is on the amp side.

Sub limit is right under distortion point.

2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    Everyone's is a little different but here is mine...

Zone 1 inboats & sub, zone 2 is tower. For the most part I run them fairly equally.

Tone adjustments are minimal because the tuning is on the amp side.

Sub limit is right under distortion point.

Such a tease! A;; that info, and the most impotent head unit setting is denied!

I knew I forgot something.

Long press on the mute button engages Bass Boost.

Jk, under subwoofer settings go to Filter and see what hertz the filter is set to.

If it's set too low, the amp isn't even getting the input.

The amp should be handling the sub filter, not the hu.

Last edited by RC_Hinojosa; 02-27-2021 at 10:04 PM.
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Default Want simple Sub solution for Max

I have never understood why these systems come poorly tuned from the factory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

My settings are pretty close to that. I can’t remember what hertz I have the filter set to. I want to say 80 or 120 hertz but I’ll double check next time I’m at the storage facility. I used to do car audio installations in a past lifetime long, long ago in a galaxy far away lol so tuning to squeeze the most out isn’t totally outside of my wheel house, it’s just been forever since I’ve dove deep into this stuff lol. It slowly comes back to me. Thanks for the pics!
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    I have never understood why these systems come poorly tuned from the factory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I doubt it's really even setup from.the factory just hooked up and turned on for testing.
    The supras have the JL dsp amps and have a tune loaded into them which isn't terrible bit still needs help to get the most out of it, in that case I think it's just an easy way to worry less about the stereo warranty by running it well below it's potential.
    2020 Supra SA