Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Some dude on social media was riding his azz about being late on the video. Apparently Wake9 made a few statements about having it complete by a specific date(s), missed those dates, and someone started barking.

I assume if they did not get the video posted, rumor mill would start and people would start to assume the review was 'bad' b/c they were not posting anything. It might be why he talked MORE about the plate not working properly and taking two outings to get the necessary footage.

Key board warriors . . .
    Perhaps those facebookidiots should grab a mojo and do their own review.

If I were Robert, I would have given them all a big

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I think Robert is too nice to do that.

I'm with you on what my reaction would be.
    2018 Supra SL400

I need to check myself, I get impatient when the boat configurator is due and I got ants in my pants waiting for thruster videos.

So I am to myself.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

It was weird post on Facebook. The guy was from WI. Purchased a Mojo in late fall or early winter and did not test drive the 2021 Mojo. His new build was going to be delivered in a few weeks.

It was all about Wake9 Review missing the "said date". To each their own. Maybe he was having a bad day or week or ???

Robert has a lot of friends out there b/c he is a really nice guy. Most of the other Facebook peeps did not take too kindly to Wake9 bashing. I think they removed some of the posts.
    2018 Supra SL400

Default Wake9 2021 Mojo Review Video

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    It was weird post on Facebook. The guy was from WI. Purchased a Mojo in late fall or early winter and did not test drive the 2021 Mojo. His new build was going to be delivered in a few weeks.

It was all about Wake9 Review missing the "said date". To each their own. Maybe he was having a bad day or week or ???

Robert has a lot of friends out there b/c he is a really nice guy. Most of the other Facebook peeps did not take too kindly to Wake9 bashing. I think they removed some of the posts.
    I think the guy was “Domasail” or some
    name like that and was from Alberta.

His thread was a mess.

And the review is just like everyone could have guessed. Good boat, good wave, same setup as all the other boats.

I get it I guess...people ordering a completely redesigned boat that had very limited information about it available. But it's a Skiers Choice product...so you know that with an additional 500-1000lbs of lead it is going to be a surf beast...period!
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by Prospersigman View Post
    I get it I guess...people ordering a completely redesigned boat that had very limited information about it available. But it's a Skiers Choice product...so you know that with an additional 500-1000lbs of lead it is going to be a surf beast...period!
    Exactly . . .
    2018 Supra SL400

a lot of people just don't fully understand that the people/channels like wake9 don't make a living off of the content they produce.

because there is so much content to consume, people set these unrealistic expectations that new content should be available when they want it.
    2021 Mojo
    2019 Chaparral 21 H2O Sport (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by arsnlgunnr View Post
    a lot of people just don't fully understand that the people/channels like wake9 don't make a living off of the content they produce.
    not entirely correct. Robert, and not talking about him AT ALL as he's a GREAT guy, does have a stake in skiers choice. just like he did with tige when in oroville.
    I believe that Robert goes above and beyond in his vids and reviews but he became known for it and they(manufacturers) look for it. I don't know his working relationship with skiers and could be on payroll and could be discount on boats for the press but he's "making money" off this-maybe not a living but he's in the industry due to his web design, video skills and overall brand ambassador.

I'll play devils advocate for a minute. I'd be as jacked as everyone else to get shots of the boat doing what it does if it was my hard earned cash. all the boat manufacturers including skiers have had hulls that haven't lived up to expectations and led very short production lives before being modified. not every boat is a home run out of the gate and with the pricing now north of 100k for most models, getting vids out on new models really helps people justify the price and wait.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Let’s all also realize that nothing major was reinvented here. The shape of the hull from the drivers seat back is most likely identical or nearly identical to other boats in the line. So there’s not a lot of performance risk at stake when a new model is stamped out. Tons of redesigning on the interior and the top cap and all that stuff, but the part that moves through the water is pretty cut and dry.