Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    it's the 35ft electric boat that is going to be the biggest game changer ever!!!!!!! hahaha...

back to the op's video post... great looking wave... although I get robert's affiliated with them somehow, he still makes some of the best vids out there on boats.....
    Too funny!!! I must admit, I'm a boat junkie and LOVE looking and learning about all different brands and different styles, wakeboats, cigs, toons, etc.

Last year I spent a bunch of time talking to the wake pontoon guy at the boat show. Montara Surf Boss if I recall the name correctly.
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Too funny!!! I must admit, I'm a boat junkie and LOVE looking and learning about all different brands and different styles, wakeboats, cigs, toons, etc.

Last year I spent a bunch of time talking to the wake pontoon guy at the boat show. Montara Surf Boss if I recall the name correctly.
    I was in love with that pontoon wake boat thingy, until I saw the price tag haha
    Josh
    2021 Mojo, Sold 7/15/22
    2023 Supreme S240, on order

Seriously... I tried hard to get into one of those. Now, 1 year later the 'Gen 1' is selling for $89k. Talk about a loss leader.

Now the G2 has a really good wave behind it, and some nice updates... but its at $149k?! I'd be all kinds of pissed off if I had a 2020 unit. Either way, just goes to show why its never good to be the guinea pig.

Quote Originally Posted by Prospersigman View Post
    I have 2 buddies who have 2020 23 LSVs and they still have 500-800lbs of lead in their boats. Most of it goes in the bow because that wedge causes a significant amount of bow rise even with the hard tank filled all the way upfront. The problem is there is nowhere to stash the lead in the bow because there is ZERO storage up there. We even looked at pulling the speakers out to see if we can get lead stuffed in the speaker cutouts. They both have the rear plug and plays as well and there is no storage in the back when those are filled all the way.
    Didn't say it was a better system lol, just a great way to mimic ballast without actually having ballast.

I'd say eventually you'll see malibu with 2 wedges one front and one back to even eveything out. Or perhaps a central version.

The concept is genius, use the motor to pull the boat down into the water rather than load it down extremely heavy with weight. In the end all that matters is the displacement whether you get there by being heavy or some clever hydrodynamic tricks.
    2020 Supra SA

Watched the review 4 times already and super stoked for our Mojo to arrive and get on the water.

To me, the stock wave on their first outing looks perfect! I don't see a difference between the stock wave vs the lead wave on the first or second outing. Only major difference was the amount of people in the boat on the first outing which probably helped a good bit.
    2021 Mojo
    2019 Chaparral 21 H2O Sport (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post

don't feel bad. I'm the same way. milwaukee boat show many years ago I spent a whole lot more time on tooners and the couple cig boats than I did the wakeboats as I know them already.
    nothing I'll ever own but I can appreciate a dual engine tooner or a bass boat with a 350hp hanging off the back. fun to see the technology...

montaras are intriguing but the original had a horrid wake. sure they will get better but a limited market at best.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by arsnlgunnr View Post
    Watched the review 4 times already and super stoked for our Mojo to arrive and get on the water.

To me, the stock wave on their first outing looks perfect! I don't see a difference between the stock wave vs the lead wave on the first or second outing. Only major difference was the amount of people in the boat on the first outing which probably helped a good bit.
    During the first outing in November, the regular side was spot-on during the first run - no lead. It was better on the second run with lead. More push.

I do not recall if the Goofy side was OK during the first run w/o lead, but during the second run with lead, the roll numbers were around 9' to get it right. High.

During the first outing, the second run was 500#s of lead. They were going to add 1000#s, but did not have enough bags that day.
    2018 Supra SL400

Why so much focus on the plate being installed wrong? Boat looks great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Supra SA

I agree. The goofy side was just not as clean with 'normal' settings of 3-4' or roll.
    2018 Supra SL400

Some dude on social media was riding his azz about being late on the video. Apparently Wake9 made a few statements about having it complete by a specific date(s), missed those dates, and someone started barking.

I assume if they did not get the video posted, rumor mill would start and people would start to assume the review was 'bad' b/c they were not posting anything. It might be why he talked MORE about the plate not working properly and taking two outings to get the necessary footage.

Key board warriors . . .
    2018 Supra SL400