Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

The 2021 mojo release was a soft release at best. Maybe due to covid delays, but in essence if you wanted one, you ordered it blind.

The good news is it’s a great looking, high feature moomba and SC has a winner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    but in essence if you wanted one, you ordered it blind.

I'm not sure I could do that, spend 100k w/o sitting, riding, or driving the model. Car, boat, or any other purchase.
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    I'm not sure I could do that, spend 100k w/o sitting, riding, or driving the model. Car, boat, or any other purchase.
    Neither could I.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Neither could I.

I know many people that would never buy the new model year of a boat, truck, car, etc thinking there are always issues with a 1st year model anything. I personally don't have that opinion and do it more on cars and trucks than I do on boats.

I think the lack of information on the new Mojo was partly due to Covid 19 and also partly due to Skiers Choice always being the last to release any information on new models, updates, online build tool, etc...that is just the way they roll.
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

Default Wake9 2021 Mojo Review Video

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Some dude on social media was riding his azz about being late on the video. Apparently Wake9 made a few statements about having it complete by a specific date(s), missed those dates, and someone started barking.

I assume if they did not get the video posted, rumor mill would start and people would start to assume the review was 'bad' b/c they were not posting anything. It might be why he talked MORE about the plate not working properly and taking two outings to get the necessary footage.

Key board warriors . . .
    Makes sense to shut the idiots up. It stinks that people do that junk on social media. It was informative as always.

2017 Supra SA

Yeah, I work in the auto industry, the 1st year issues are true, I try to avoid 1st years but I just ordered a 21 F150 because my lease is due in may.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Neither could I.

Normally I would tend to agree, but as has been mentioned....this year was different. There wasn't much of choice if you wanted to boat in 2021. I was going to order in October, and they had just a few Max slots left. I wasn't sure if the Max was as "refined" or optioned the way we wanted it and the Makai was too big. The 23' segment is the hottest and most important segment (for builders) in the industry right now.

I was shown some "spy shots" of an unfinished Mojo hull, looked at the build sheet with options and prices for my dealers boat show Mojo (boat show was still scheduled at that time) and was told it would be a Kaiyen but 2 feet bigger. The last thing I wanted to do was spend 90K on a Max and eventually not feel totally satisfied with such a big purchase, so we decided to go with a Mojo as we were offered a fair discount for market conditions.

Of course, at the last minute we made a hard decision to go with a different manufacturer (we had a deposit check written out for the Moomba) and I think that it is partially due to the fact that we had demoed and seen the boat we eventually ordered. If there would have been a Mojo available to look at it or drive, more than likely we would not have been swayed into a different manufacturer. Even if the Mojo ends up being a much superior boat to what we ordered, we feel comfortable with and will be satisfied with what we have coming, because the decision was based on the information and resources we had available to us at the time.

It looks like an amazing boat though, and I can definitely see us missing a lot of cool features that Moomba is incorporating in its lineup. I feel very comfortable saying that if we are ever in a position to upgrade to a premium towboat, it will be Supra.
    2016 Starcraft Limited 1918 (sold)
    2021 MB Sports B52 Alpha (coming April 2021)
    2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
    2022 F-150 SCREW PB (ordered 12/2021...still waiting)
    B-737 (Work Vehicle)

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    Let’s all also realize that nothing major was reinvented here. The shape of the hull from the drivers seat back is most likely identical or nearly identical to other boats in the line. So there’s not a lot of performance risk at stake when a new model is stamped out.

I have to agree with this. To me the Mojo looks like a shortened version of the Makai. Hulls look very similar. The Makai is already a proven surf machine so the Mojo, with less surface area and same ballast, should throw just as good if not taller wave stock.
    Any of these boats will throw a great wave if set up right. Its on the operator more than anything else.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

I was looking at the hull of the 21SA and nothing significantly different than an 18SA.

If SC has a proven running surface, no need to change it.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Neither could I.

Done it 7 times....