Default Looking at Moomba Outback V vs Malibu VTX

Hello Moomba forum, I am new to the forum and I am looking on making my first boat purchase and wanted to get some opinions.

I am currently looking at a 2012 outback V vs a 2007 Malibu VTX on the diamond hull.

Both are about the same price, similar ballast, similar hours. I plan to use the boats for 50/50 skiing /surfing.

The owner of the VTX sent me videos of the ski wake (with him actually skiing) and it looked pretty good. I was curious if anyone on here has any experience with the ski wake behind the 2012 or similar hull outback V (videos would be nice)

He also sent videos of the surf wave and it obviously wasn't massive but it provided plenty of push for a adult male to easily ride without the rope. Any info on the Moomba Outback V surf wave including pictures or videos would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Skithemidwest View Post
    Hello Moomba forum, I am new to the forum and I am looking on making my first boat purchase and wanted to get some opinions.

I am currently looking at a 2012 outback V vs a 2007 Malibu VTX on the diamond hull.

Both are about the same price, similar ballast, similar hours. I plan to use the boats for 50/50 skiing /surfing.

The owner of the VTX sent me videos of the ski wake (with him actually skiing) and it looked pretty good. I was curious if anyone on here has any experience with the ski wake behind the 2012 or similar hull outback V (videos would be nice)

He also sent videos of the surf wave and it obviously wasn't massive but it provided plenty of push for a adult male to easily ride without the rope. Any info on the Moomba Outback V surf wave including pictures or videos would be great.
    I have a 2013 OBV (not sure what if any differences between 2012 and 2013) and I would say it has a decent ski wake. Best pic I could find is below. It also creates a pretty nice surf wave for a 20' boat as long as you add the extra weight.

IMG_4760.jpg
    IMG_1037.jpg
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

Thanks for the info, the Moomba is about 1 hour away while the VTX is 9. I think the reality is both boats would probably work fine. I am skeptical that a VTX that 5 years older than the Moomba would really be that much better than the Moomba, seems there is a fair amount of marketing that goes into claiming each companies flat hull is better than the other.