Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mojo question

So this wasn’t the cleanest I got the wave. Tbh I had no idea what I was doing first time pulling a wake board. The kid had done it just once before and poor guy would catch 3’ of air crossing so wrecked everytime.

Bags were 50% in rear, 75% front
    Light weight crew of 6
    Speed was about 17mph

Definitely clean enough to cross and I could get one side to clean up but tbh he couldn’t ride long enough for me to play much

None of the others that tried had better luck with it so that was all for the day
    Josh
    2021 Mojo, Sold 7/15/22
    2023 Supreme S240, on order

Quote Originally Posted by Josh828 View Post

So this wasn’t the cleanest I got the wave. Tbh I had no idea what I was doing first time pulling a wake board. The kid had done it just once before and poor guy would catch 3’ of air crossing so wrecked everytime.

Light weight crew of 6
    Speed was about 17mph

Definitely clean enough to cross and I could get one side to clean up but tbh he couldn’t ride long enough for me to play much

None of the others that tried had better luck with it so that was all for the day
    I was kneeboarding over the weekend and looking for a good wake myself. My 15' I had rear 50%, Front 100% + 100lbs lead, mid ship lead 200lbs per side, light-ish crew, wake plate at 50% (I don't have autowake or autoflow), and 20mph. It gets pretty clean and plenty ramp. I crossed slow and almost made it wake to wake. I need a longer rope though, I'm ~10ft to close to the boat.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Light weight crew of 6
    Speed was about 17mph

Josh,

When pulling brand new riders empty all ballast and deploy your smart plate 75-100%. This will allow you to run a slower speed with a cleaner wake. The wake will still be huge for a newb. Keep the rope short, about 50’ or whatever the shortest length is on your rope without putting the rider on top of or in the bump. For first timers and super newbs slow the boat right down to 14-16 mph. The wake will be washed out but they aren’t crossing the wake anyways. Also, when a newb is crossing the wake for the first time have them edge out toe side first. That way they can return back behind the wake on their heel side. If they head out on their heel side first they are usually stuck out there for the rest of the ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Moomba Mojo
    2008 Mastercraft Prostar 197 40th Anniversary
    Owner Ness Lake Watersports
    Wakemakers “Exact Fit” Bags + Lead = 4,700 ballast
    Audio by Wetsounds, MTX, JL Audio, Clarion
    15 X 13.00 ACME prop

Thank you for posting this. I appreciate it. I keep getting delayed on getting mine but hopefully soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy2slow View Post
    Josh,

When pulling brand new riders empty all ballast and deploy your smart plate 75-100%. This will allow you to run a slower speed with a cleaner wake. The wake will still be huge for a newb. Keep the rope short, about 50’ or whatever the shortest length is on your rope without putting the rider on top of or in the bump. For first timers and super newbs slow the boat right down to 14-16 mph. The wake will be washed out but they aren’t crossing the wake anyways. Also, when a newb is crossing the wake for the first time have them edge out toe side first. That way they can return back behind the wake on their heel side. If they head out on their heel side first they are usually stuck out there for the rest of the ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tommy is right. I forgot the "new rider" part. My bad for sure. That setup would have hurt if falling face first.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Yeah it was quite a ramp. And yeah he drank some water a few times haha Next time ill try just no ballast, was more curious what I could make it look like even if it was the cost of the rider hahaha
    Josh
    2021 Mojo, Sold 7/15/22
    2023 Supreme S240, on order

Yeah it was quite a ramp. And yeah he drank some water a few times haha Next time ill try just no ballast, was more curious what I could make it look like even if it was the cost of the rider hahaha
    With the weight you were running, you were going way too slow for a nice wake, speed up to around 21-21.5 or so, it will clean up. Also, when 1 side is wash and the other is clean, add weight to the wash side or take away weight for the clean side till they are both clean. Normally, I will just move a body around and or adjust ballast. For new riders, no weight and 17 -18 is plenty.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold