Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Who has done a DIY Windscreen for the walkthrough??

Wish my '20 Mojo came with the walk through windscreen option.... anyone make one? seems relatively easy to do.

Post pics and info if you have!

2012 Mobius LSV (Sold)
    2020 Mojo

I use my bow filler cushion. Stand it up and it fills the space pretty well. Definitely does the job well enough for the rare occasion we have to outrun some rain or those chilly October bonus days

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

Grab a piece of 3/8" plexi from lowes and cut to shape.
    1/8" roundover bit on a router for the edges.
    Sand it with 120 grit and it will take on a frosted finish.
    Add a vinyl moomba logo and you're golden.
    2020 Supra SA

On our old LSV i bought a piece of clear/tinted plexiglass and cut it to fit. Rounded the edges with sandpaper and put the logo on it. It was really pretty good if i say so myself. I found some kind of plastic channel from Home Depot and used very thin double sided tape to attach it to the sides of the walk through. I didn't want to drill holes and screw anything in so the tape worked great. It was completely solid and held up great.

I use it for a few years and then decided to make a removable cushion that would fit in the opening and on top of the bow filler cushion. I bought some thicker hdpe, some foam, and scrap vinyl. Watched a bunch of videos on how to reupholster boat seats and got it done. This is even better than the windscreen because it acts as a windscreen and gives you more room for people to sit facing forward in the bow. You can put it in and take it out whenever you want and when not it use we just leave it the bow. I made it fit pretty snug between the sides of the other built in back rest cushions so it stays in place nice and tight but comes right out very easily.

We love the cushion so much that was the first thing i did for the new Craz. Here are a few pictures of the old windscreen and the old cushion. I can get a picture of the new cushion in the Craz if anyone wants to see it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

^^^^^ you did a great job on both options.

The cushion is a great idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by 996scott View Post
    On our old LSV i bought a piece of clear/tinted plexiglass and cut it to fit. Rounded the edges with sandpaper and put the logo on it. It was really pretty good if i say so myself. I found some kind of plastic channel from Home Depot and used very thin double sided tape to attach it to the sides of the walk through. I didn't want to drill holes and screw anything in so the tape worked great. It was completely solid and held up great.

I use it for a few years and then decided to make a removable cushion that would fit in the opening and on top of the bow filler cushion. I bought some thicker hdpe, some foam, and scrap vinyl. Watched a bunch of videos on how to reupholster boat seats and got it done. This is even better than the windscreen because it acts as a windscreen and gives you more room for people to sit facing forward in the bow. You can put it in and take it out whenever you want and when not it use we just leave it the bow. I made it fit pretty snug between the sides of the other built in back rest cushions so it stays in place nice and tight but comes right out very easily.

We love the cushion so much that was the first thing i did for the new Craz. Here are a few pictures of the old windscreen and the old cushion. I can get a picture of the new cushion in the Craz if anyone wants to see it.
    Great work on the plexiglass with the logo! Looks like it came with the boat. Impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by 996scott View Post

This looks great! Now you’ve got me thinking about the cushion idea also!! Would love to see what you have set up on the craze???!

2012 Mobius LSV (Sold)
    2020 Mojo

Nice job

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

I really like the track you used plus the sticky tape. I haven't done this mainly because I didn't want to screw holes through the walls.

Could you post what track you used, Id love to copy that?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Branden967 View Post
    I really like the track you used plus the sticky tape. I haven't done this mainly because I didn't want to screw holes through the walls.

Could you post what track you used, Id love to copy that?

Thanks!
    I'm not sure if this is the exact one i used but something very similar.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/1-4-in-x...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190